Best Thing To Clean Weathertech Liners???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I have used degreaser that has worked well and last time I used Armor All tire shine. Worked well and looked new but were very slippery...lol
the armor all was a bad idea the first time i used in on a mat, lol

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Our new Rubber Matt & Liner Cleaner does a great job.

Adam's Rubber Mat & Liner Cleaner quickly cleans and restores rubber floor mats back to original condition. The deep-cleaning formula removes dirt, grime, and mud from automotive rubber floor mats and running boards.

• Matte OEM Finish On All Surfaces
  • Non-Slip Protectant
  • Foams When Agitated
  • Available in 16oz and Gallon

https://adamspolishes.com/collectio...aning/products/adams-rubber-mat-liner-cleaner

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've used whitewall tire cleaner on mats, it's pretty strong stuff.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Adam’s mat and liner cleaner will make them new again. But the ultimate trick is to lay them in the sun for a few hours. If they are beat up pretty bad. Clean them with Adam’s then liberally coat them in 303 and lay them in the sun. After a few Hours wipe off excess and they will be better than the day you bought them

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
I have used degreaser that has worked well and last time I used Armor All tire shine. Worked well and looked new but were very slippery...lol
An ything with the name armor all shouldnt come anywhere near any part of these trucks, or anything really. Garbage product, dust magnet, and actually wrakens most plastics.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Adam’s mat and liner cleaner will make them new again. But the ultimate trick is to lay them in the sun for a few hours. If they are beat up pretty bad. Clean them with Adam’s then liberally coat them in 303 and lay them in the sun. After a few Hours wipe off excess and they will be better than the day you bought them

I just got the big ole 128 oz. from Amazon and damn ! ... I clean the engine bay in my Ram and my wife's Lexus and wow ! ... I also used it on trim and panels and they are looking B@D@$$ ! ....

cms1528

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently I cleaned my Weather Tech liners and let them dry in the warm sun, it was 80 degrees that day. Then I sprayed them liberally with Maguire's Supreme Shine and rubbed into the mat with a cloth. I was really impressed how that product just seemed to soak into the mats so deeply. It's been about a week and they are still looking good. I know what you mean about them turning a little dinghy or gray but that Supreme Shine really did the trick.

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8

I just bought a used 2018 Ram 1500 and found used weathertechs for it on FB market place. They are def faded and did a search on line for a solution. Found someone on youtube using "Solution Finish Black Plastic & vinyl trim restorer" on weathertech matts and after cleaning with an all purpose he applied and they looked awesome, wondering if anyone has a comparison between that and Adams?

TOTALCHAOS69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stoner MoreShine Less Time is pretty great on tires and mats. Doesn’t get all slimy and glossy. Not matte either... kinda Just right I think.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
lol. Did mine again the other day with Armor All tire shine and wife complained as soon as she got in. But they looked good...lol

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I just bought a used 2018 Ram 1500 and found used weathertechs for it on FB market place. They are def faded and did a search on line for a solution. Found someone on youtube using "Solution Finish Black Plastic & vinyl trim restorer" on weathertech matts and after cleaning with an all purpose he applied and they looked awesome, wondering if anyone has a comparison between that and Adams?
i would not put that on my mats. 303 and the Sun they will look brand new I promise. Solution finish is more like a paint that soaks into plastic. I have done a lot of mats

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
i would not put that on my mats. 303 and the Sun they will look brand new I promise. Solution finish is more like a paint that soaks into plastic. I have done a lot of mats
One more question for you...did you lay the mats in the sun "before" you did any cleaning? I just ordered both Adams and 303 last night and will have them in a few days.
Like I said, the mats are used and yes a good cleaning will do a lot but they are faded as well. The way I read your original post it was to lay them in the sun for a bit, clean with Adams, apply 303 then lay them in the sun for a few more hours. Did I read that correctly?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
One more question for you...did you lay the mats in the sun "before" you did any cleaning? I just ordered both Adams and 303 last night and will have them in a few days.
Like I said, the mats are used and yes a good cleaning will do a lot but they are faded as well. The way I read your original post it was to lay them in the sun for a bit, clean with Adams, apply 303 then lay them in the sun for a few more hours. Did I read that correctly?

The key to the sun is after applying the 303. Cleaning with adams is best done in the shade with a cool mat. Depending how bad they are i do 2 cleanings spray, scrub with medium bristle brush and power wash. The 3rd pass with adams I spray scrub lightly and let dwell for 3-5 minutes before power washing. let dry then apply 303 liberally and lay the mats in the sun to open the pours and let the 303 soak in. If you do it right they will look better than factory new after an hour or 2 in the hot sun

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
The key to the sun is after applying the 303. Cleaning with adams is best done in the shade with a cool mat. Depending how bad they are i do 2 cleanings spray, scrub with medium bristle brush and power wash. The 3rd pass with adams I spray scrub lightly and let dwell for 3-5 minutes before power washing. let dry then apply 303 liberally and lay the mats in the sun to open the pours and let the 303 soak in. If you do it right they will look better than factory new after an hour or 2 in the hot sun

Thanks

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
A9993AA2-E87E-4A55-B95C-BA4E308B982E.jpeg

Wow, have to tell you...I used Chemical Guys all purpose cleaner/degreaser (scrubbed 2x) then applied the 303...again, wow do they look great! can’t say they look like brand new but they’re not faded and dirty.0EBE6751-86BB-4ED3-8EEC-CB7BD3D30011.jpegView attachment 247495 View attachment 247495

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
Like I said the mats came out “looking” awesome but they’re very slippery. Is this because I used the all-purpose cleaner instead of Adam’s rubber mat and liner cleaner by any chance?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Like I said the mats came out “looking” awesome but they’re very slippery. Is this because I used the all-purpose cleaner instead of Adam’s rubber mat and liner cleaner by any chance?
The trick is leaving them in the hot sun for a few hours then wipe away excess 303 with a dry towel they won’t stay slippery for long.

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
The trick is leaving them in the hot sun for a few hours then wipe away excess 303 with a dry towel they won’t stay slippery for long.
That may be the issue...I only had them in the sun for about 45 min.