Best Tires for Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Glovik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bridgetsone Duelers came on my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. They're worn out at 19K miles and I've ripped two sidewalls.

Looking at something with a tougher sidewalk and good winter/wet traction. I tow very little (light tractor) but do haul loads of stone, dirt and pressure-treated wood.

Looking for advice on a better tire that will hold up and maybe give me a few more miles than the Bridgestones.

Dealer offered the Nexian Roadians or the Goodyear Wranglers but it doesn't look like they're any better. Anyone find something they like?
Im running Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3, last two years as a replacement for the stock Goodyear Wrangler SRA. They have def not lasted as long as I was hoping
Looking at tires again....

Smokey613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put these on our RAM 1500. We love them. Great in rain and way better while pulling our TT. They ride a little stiffer than the OEM Goodyears but for the substantial increase in performance it’s worth it.

Attachments

• 985FF5E6-5D1E-43C0-BF58-A8F775415DB3.jpeg
    985FF5E6-5D1E-43C0-BF58-A8F775415DB3.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 19

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
My Yokohama Geolanders are great, and performed admirably on recent off-roading in Wyoming.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I didn't go through every post, but if you're concerned about sidewall strength it's more about the Load Rating than it is about tire brand. I had BFG KO2's with an E rating. They were heavier and rode a bit stiffer especially coming from Goodyear Jello-rated SRA's but were durable.

Diablo2doorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had good luck with Firestone Performance Tires in the past. Sounds like you are getting good results from these. My only question is road noise. In my advanced age. I prefer to have a quieter tire. How loud are these??
Yeah, I'm at retirement age and understand what you are saying. Don't seem noisy to me but they do get worse as they wear. To me it's a truck and these look and sound like a truck tire. Hope ya end up with a good tire, I know it's not an easy decision.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have Good Year AT/S tires and run them year round !
I probably have about 35k on them and they are holding up well. Do well in the Maine winters too.
When I change tires again I am looking at Coopers,
I do not off road and do not tow so very light duty truck . I use it like a car so I do not need a 10 ply tire !
I gave my son my NEXAN snows and those are also great tires

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
The horror story.

Bought my wife a 2021 Renegade and traded in her gerbil. Went to I20 Jeep Ram and did the paperwork. I drove back home (225 mi.) and 60 miles out had a thump in a back tire. I took it to discount (I buy my regular tires from them) and bought the lifetime balance / rotate. The installer went and got the manager who asked when I bought it as it still had the buyers tag. I said 10 o'clock this morning. He told me I had 2 2020 tires on the front, a 2018 and a 2017 on the back. My blood pressure went threw the roof. I contacted I20 Jeep and left messages for the salesman and sales manager. Never heard a word. 2 weeks later, the salesman called and did their mandatory followup and I told him about it. He said I would have a call within a couple of hours. Now a month later and have never heard a word. Wrote it up in my Jeep survey and Jeep called and asked about it. They said I would probably be called by the zone rep. Never heard a peep, only crickets chirping in the corner. My wife loves the car and if she is happy, I am happy.

That is the short version of the horror story. I just bought a 2019 Bighorn v6 and told that dealer about it. They were not surprised. I have had 2 followup calls and they took good care of me.

18Hemi1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know Goodyear aren't favored here but I've got Trailrunner ATs and I love them. Look good, sound good. Decent price, nice tread and 55000 mile warranty.
This is a good looking setup. Would like to put these tires on my Ram. Are those the stock size 275/60/R20?

Sully1960

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e Tourque
I see a lot of recommendations for Michelin LTX. What load index on the Michelin LTX being recommended? I have a 2021 Ram w/22" wheels. The load index on the original tires is 114. All I can find is tires with a 110 load index. I have been told I should not got down to a 110 to a 114. Thoughts? Comments?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Asking which tire like asking which oil and filter, LOL. I run Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. For me, works. I only bought "C" rated, not "E" rated, did not need 10 ply tires. Did fine in 8" of snow and ice. But all depends upon what you use your truck for and where u live. New tire on truck.jpgNew tires left side truck.jpg

18Hemi1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Asking which tire like asking which oil and filter, LOL. I run Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. For me, works. I only bought "C" rated, not "E" rated, did not need 10 ply tires. Did fine in 8" of snow and ice. But all depends upon what you use your truck for and where u live. View attachment 476229View attachment 476230
Very nice. I think all of the fourth and fifth gen Rams look great with ATs and stock rims.

backfist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Classic. 275/60/20. Got rid of the standard Goodyears as fast as I could. Mounted a set of Michelin LTX and they ride like a dream. I switched them out after three thousand miles to try the Falkens. Not a whole lot of difference that I can tell as far as the ride goes. I am going to keep the Falkens on through Spring to see how they do in the Winter here in Denver. The Michelins did great last year. Rather than just hanging onto the Michelins all Winter, I may just put them up for sale.

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2014 Laramie came with GY SR-A's.
Only 43k on the truck.
I had to replace two of them a couple years ago due to punctures, they are already worn garbage.
The original two have to be replaced due to just being worn out.
Looking at the Michelin Defenders LTX now, tires aren't cheap.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
This was written by a guy that has been selling tires and owned his own shop for fifty years. Best advice, find a really good shoop and get the exact right tire for your specific use. These is not enough info in your original post to truly provide a quality recommendation.

Quote;
As you can all see from all the replies you see here, you will never get everyone to agree on anything, and in all honesty that is because most people don't really have enough technical knowledge to understand why something is good or bad in a specific situation, and that generally leads to a misunderstanding of a products capabilities.

For example, you can have 3 guys, all with F150's, who all use Duratracs. One guy though has tires a bit bigger with a LRE/10 ply rating because he wanted oversized. Another guy drives his truck like a sports car. Another guy has a standard load rating and uses his truck lightly but all kinds of conditions.

The guy with the 10 ply reports the tire is noisier and is terrible in severe winter conditions, but that is because it is a more rigid product and doesn't flex as much so traction in those conditions is reduced, and as stiffer tires transfer more road feedback, the noise travels through the cab.

The guy who drives it like he stole it complains the tires get noisy and wear fast, but that is because the larger blocks with lots of siping and more flexible compounding combine for heat generation from driving like that cause the tire to feather which makes them noisy and wear contributes to them wearing quicker.

The guy who drives pretty normal but is in all varying conditions says they wear well, provide good traction levels and are decently quiet because a tire like this endures well in those scenarios.

All three guys used the same product but had radically different experiences and results. Because of this they report that they either the tire was junk or that it was awesome or whatever, but the question is why is that? The fact is it is not the product that is bad or good as a rule, but more that the product was or was not matched properly to the user for what they do and expect.

That more often than not means the biggest issue was that the consumer did not get the product best associated to their specific needs and uses and that is either because the sales person did not listen to the client, ask the right questions and recommend the proper product, or the consumer blindly went with something based on the opinions of random people who don't really know how to break down and analyze everything correctly and didn't go with the experience of a reputable industry pro who had considered their best interests. Either way, it isn't because the tire was bad. It was just inappropriate for the scenario at hand.

Often what is best for one person is totally wrong for the next person. Ask the right questions of someone you trust to give you accurate and properly thought out feedback and you stand the very best chance of getting something suitable for your needs and something you well be happy with overall. Ask your neighbour who is a geologist (or any other myriad of professions) who has owned five trucks but uses them in a completely different manner from you, but you take his work as gold and you will often end up disappointed.

Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
[email protected]
www.urbanexp.ca
Since this is so accurate I repeat the post.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
my Laramie came with the Falken wildpeak at3 and they have been great. quiet and good traction in snow and driving rain. plenty sticky on twisty mountain roads. they still look new after 22,000 miles

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963