Best Tuner Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dvc357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good Day Brothers,
There is probably a thread like this a dozen times over but I can’t find my application.
I’m looking for the best tuner for my 2018 2500 Power Wagon. 6.4L Hemi, 6spd 66RFE, 4.10 gears. Stock except for Magnaflows and CAI. I’m looking for the Best Tuner for primarily three modes. Economy, Tow (10,000 pound RV), and Street Performance (Around Town Fun).
Any help would be appreciated.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good Day Brothers,
There is probably a thread like this a dozen times over but I can’t find my application.
I’m looking for the best tuner for my 2018 2500 Power Wagon. 6.4L Hemi, 6spd 66RFE, 4.10 gears. Stock except for Magnaflows and CAI. I’m looking for the Best Tuner for primarily three modes. Economy, Tow (10,000 pound RV), and Street Performance (Around Town Fun).
Any help would be appreciated.
Do you mean tuner person or software/hardware?

I prefer HP. Their support is sucky. But hardware/software is good.
If you are looking for person to tune for you, can't help with that.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
On my 2014 2500/6.4L truck I used a DiabloSport InTune & a custom tune from Hemifever. My custom tune was based on the DiabloSport base 91 octane tune.

I also installed a cold air intake, a resonator delete and a Magnaflow muffler.

The tune I got from Hemifever made a huge difference in the truck's performance. It held 3 tunes but be advised that you can't shift tunes on the fly as you can with diesel trucks. If I wanted the tow tune I had to remove the perfornance tune, store it in the programmer and download the tow tune to the truck's computer. That took about 10 - 15 minutes per process.

OP
OP
D

dvc357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah
I was just looking for tuner/piggyback, but, if you know somebody in the phoenix area who tunes. It’s always good to know!

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The best one is HP Tuner no other tuner even comes close !

Get an Flying Ryan custom tune with it, Hes does wonders with the 6 speed tuning.

OP
OP
D

dvc357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let me ask.
It’s my understanding to use an HP you’ve got to have a dedicated laptop and all tuning must be done on that. Or, you gotta have a guy/tuner who can do it for you.
The Diablo Sport is all inclusive however and has its monitoring and code swapping built in.
If so, what’s the advantage of the HP?

Noob2Trucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah
I was just looking for tuner/piggyback, but, if you know somebody in the phoenix area who tunes. It’s always good to know!
Don't know if you found a tuner. I use Race Prep Performance in Surprise. Zach does mostly Mopar and has done all my work so far.

OP
OP
D

dvc357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't know if you found a tuner. I use Race Prep Performance in Surprise. Zach does mostly Mopar and has done all my work so far.
Hey brother,
I have not yet. I will probably go with a Diablo Sport, but, I’d like to have somebody around that can set me up with some specific tunes. I’ll check out your guy and see if he can help me
Thanks

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Like @MADDOG says, I've got a Diablo too, but that's kind of like saying you have fuel injection too.

Tech moves so fast. The smart guys here like @DILLIGAF et.al. have moved to HP Tuners. If I hadn't done mine years back, that's what I'd do too. But I'm not doing it a 2nd time - working on my Harley now.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im a complete noob at the tuner stuff. Ive bumped around the interwebs looked at Diablosport and just now reading into HP.
Pros and Cons?
My goals would be: Engine/Trans performance, shut off MDS, tire size calibration.
With HP, do they have tunes built or do they just provide the gateway to apply a 3rd party tune?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cons of Diablo, is you cant do anything yourself with it. You always need to email your tuner for the smallest of updates to your tune. Unlike HP were you can do anything you want with it. and its an awesome logging tool.

Cons of HP is upfront cost, I have yet to find any other cons with it.

Pros of diablo, Cheap and if you dont plan on actual real upgrades its all you need.

Pros of HP . EVERYTHIG ... lol... And trans Tuning is way better with HP.

They both Run Custom tunes.

HP tuner custom tunes are done by Flyin' Ryan

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cons of Diablo, is you cant do anything yourself with it. You always need to email your tuner for the smallest of updates to your tune. Unlike HP were you can do anything you want with it. and its an awesome logging tool.

Cons of HP is upfront cost, I have yet to find any other cons with it.

Pros of diablo, Cheap and if you dont plan on actual real upgrades its all you need.

Pros of HP . EVERYTHIG ... lol... And trans Tuning is way better with HP.

They both Run Custom tunes.

HP tuner custom tunes are done by Flyin' Ryan
Thank you. I think for me, I may just go Diablo. I could absolutely see the need for someone like you needing a better platform. For me HP may be a bit of overkill. Decisions….
When I was under warranty, I tried an Edge Pulsar with crappy results. Sent that POS packing….

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Best pricing I’ve seen on the i3 w/pcm swap is $533. Holley and Summit. Is this about right or have yall seen better pricing elsewhere?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. I think for me, I may just go Diablo. I could absolutely see the need for someone like you needing a better platform. For me HP may be a bit of overkill. Decisions….
When I was under warranty, I tried an Edge Pulsar with crappy results. Sent that POS packing….

I started with Diablo and it served me well. But it died so I jumped on the HP Bandwagon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dyadeta