Best type of lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is the best type of of strut spacer lift and why?

1. 4E22A62A-A512-49FC-86F0-C0D5CE2AEDEE.jpeg

A38737D9-DB2E-4295-A01D-5C4D3E83B9F1.jpeg

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Those are basically the same thing ... They are just top mount leveling spacers ... Bilstein 5100’s are a better way to do the same thing with an improved ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought I read somewhere that some of the strut spacers would cause a punch-thrift they were the wrong type. I like the Bilstein idea but the reason that I was not going that route is because the struts are cover under my Lifetime Max Care as long as I don’t exceed a 2” lift. Yeah, I know, that is being cheap. Any not political input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're going to do spacers on top of the strut - which I advise against - but if you're going to do it you want the ones with the small hole.

The inner part of the strut top bushing rests against this under normal operation and if you get the kind with the large center hole it will first start squeaking then punch through the rubber and then give you an inch or so of undamped motion where your shock isn't involved because the business part of the bushing is free-floating in there. Not a situation you want.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you care for your factory struts just take them off put in them in a box and save them in you garage.
Nothing to mess with, the day you need them you just put them back and call it a day.

With memorial day coming you should be able to snatch a brand new set of lifting struts for a nice price. If you want to save some bucks upgrade the front for now, and don't exceed 2".
You can do QL struts like Rancho QL or RC N3 QL struts. Performancelifts has an offer on the Ranchos for example
https://performancelifts.com/rancho-quicklift-loaded-2009-2016-ram-1500-4x4.html
The RC are $329 from Americantrucks.com for example.
Maybe our forum vendors can get you deals.

You can also go with the Forum favorite, 5100's or do Eibachs, set them up for 2" and that would be it. They require disassemble of your factory struts so you take the factory springs and struts hats out and port them over the ones. This is why they're cheaper when it comes to the parts, but If you're not doing this yourself, you'll pay somebody to uninstall your struts prob they'll charge you 2 hours work extra plus alignment. QL struts are plug and play so you should be able to cancel the extra hours on install cost.

None of those top strut spacers will be a good idea. You think you'll save now by buying and installing them but you'll pay a lot more fixing what they will ***** up later. If you need top spacers don't exceed 1/2".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963