Best wax for easy bug removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd sure be interested in the results if anyone gives this stuff a shot.
Jay

Well just my luck, we are leaving on our trip this morning but UPS doesn't deliver the bug blocker till this afternoon so guess my review will have to wait till October for our next road trip....sorry guys

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
pledge furniture polish orits knock off equivalent (i buy the knockoff at walmart). kid you not. we use it on motorbikes all the time as its the same stuff as the expensive plexus. its good on plastic or metal and makes removing bugs easier. put it on before. use it to remove stubborn bugs as well. just don't use the lemon as it attracts flies. i use the orange scent or non scent version instead. way cheaper than any of these fancy name brands.
I agree 110$ Pledge or Off Brand ! Works great on my motorcycles and windscreen

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Well just my luck, we are leaving on our trip this morning but UPS doesn't deliver the bug blocker till this afternoon so guess my review will have to wait till October for our next road trip....sorry guys
WD 40 also works

Mike Murphy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Deleted
Engine
Deleted
We do a lot of traveling in our TT. The fiberglass front gets a lot of bugs and road grime which is tuff to get off. Any recommendations on a good wax to use on the front to make bug removal easier? Thanks

The kind that "Wax" the bugs... :D:signs8:

Oh umm, some of the products do the same thing but others have different characteristics. For instance, I like to use a wax that has UV protection in it. Once you find a wax that you like, I think the important part is continued application. Keep using it +- every week or so. One and done can be shady.

geotex1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
OP, your question was around a wax or sealant that will make bug splatter easier to remove.

I have been through a legion of trailers and campers, and an equally large assortment of natural and polymer waxes, glazes, various ceramic and high-tech coatings, and paint protection film. I am that Type A personality that keeps old as new.

With that said, I have not found ANYTHING better for campers than acrylic-based Klasse. Safe to use on all camper materials - filon, fiberglass, powdercoat, paint, or vinyl graphics. Klasse All-in-one followed up with a minimum of two coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze. This may sound like a lot of work, but the products are very easy to work with! For washing, I use Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #62 carwash, and then a wipe down with Sonus High Gloss Acrylic Spritz. If you are up for it, I can tell you how to make your own Spritz a bit cheaper, but it's identical to the Sonus retail product. I actually use this same system for my 4th Gen, which is the tow vehicle.

Depending where you live, extra applications of Klasse Sealant Glaze will give you greater longevity. I personally do Klasse AIO with two-coats of Klasse SG once a season. I tend to wash down the camper 6-8 times per season, depending what the weather has been like when camping/towing and if camping under dense trees, and I only do the Spritz every other wash. I actually use a microfiber cloth mop to apply and buff with a second one, and I cover the 36-footer in under 30 minutes.

I will point out that my current camper has a 1-piece, painted fiberglass cap with logo on the nose. I elected to have that covered with Xpel paint protection film since this type of nose tends to chip easily and fade otherwise. It's a 2015 that I bought in 2014, and it's still flawless. Nice thing about paint protection film, bug spatter washes away without though with a 1400psi pressure washer, or a little vinegar-based, clear Windex and they wipe right off with a waffle-weave microfiber towel!