Best Wax.....

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by GBC92052, Jul 30, 2018.

1. joeygster

joeygster Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Is 476 more durable than 845? Collinite has been my go-to for the winter protection for the past few years.

If there is a sealant that goes on as easy and has better durability than Collinite let me know what it is.

My current go-to sealants are both real easy to apply and buff off....Optimum Opti-Seal & CarPro Reload. The Opti-Seal flashes off on it's own so I don't even need to buff it off. The Reload you wipe off while it's still wet....doing small sections at a time.

Neither of them have the durability of Collinite 845 though.

2. Kinetic

Kinetic Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    yes 476 is generally going to last the longest, about a year for me, 915 a solid 9 months to a year.

The longest lasting, best sealant I've ever used is Duragloss 105. On a daily, parked outside, I got 13 months out of it. Easy on, easy off. Mix it with Duragloss 601 for best performance.

3. joeygster

joeygster Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thanks for the info....you can't beat the pricing with Duragloss products....best bang for the buck.

Kinetic likes this.
  4. Pull Ya

Pull Ya Supporting Member U.S. MARINE VETERAN

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    It has always been my understanding that Collinite was a wax--sort of--it lasts longer than almost any other wax and as long as most sealants. I think it's a synthetic product and not a pure carnauba wax and that might explain it's longevity. My first experience with 476 was terrible, although I think I used to much product. After that experience I switched to 845 and have been very happy ever since.
    Jay

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  5. Kinetic

Kinetic Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yes, both 476 and 915 require very thin application or removal will be difficult. Even 845 would often times be warmed up in warm water before application if it was a little chilly out.

6. Pull Ya

Pull Ya Supporting Member U.S. MARINE VETERAN

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I always warm it up and shake the shit out of it before application. I only do one panel at a time. If less is best, use less than that---LOL
    Jay

7. LarryA

LarryA Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I used 845 on my truck and my wife’s X3. Applied withmy griots random orbital and red pad and wiped off with a clean towel. Results were awesome. I am planning round 2 mid September before fall really gets here

8. Nick@GotExhaust

[email protected] Preferred Vendor

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I love 845. Just used it on my Black Mustang. I like to do my paint correction, then seal, then glaze(sometimes), and then wax with my Flex DA. The 845 is not the best wax for looks but its durability, ease of use, and cost make it a winner.

I use a mix of products which includes but not limited to
    Adam's- good line up

Chemical guys-good lineup

Duragloss-845 is hard to beat, love their interior products too

3D- absolutely love HD Speed and HD poxy is good too. HIGHLY recommend anyone to try HD speed

Wolfgang-good line up

McKee's-good line up. finding myself more and more interested in trying new products from them. awesome spray on wash off sealant too! I like that for in between waxes for added protection and paint pop.

Meguirs-they have a GREAT wheel and tire cleaner and their off the shelf products are very good in a pinch

There is some others I know I use but with out looking at my detailing cart this what i can think of at the moment

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  9. joeygster

joeygster Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Hey Kinetic, with the Duragloss 105.....is it a sealant that won't stain black trim/rubber?

10. Kinetic

Kinetic Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I've never had it stain anything. It's technically a cleaner/sealant, so it chemically cleans the paint and leaves sealant behind during wipe off, so I apply it on every exterior surface including glass.