Best way to get a discount off of MSRP on a Ram that's 1500 miles away?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FRED Pirelli

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.1 Hemi
He had nothing to do with it; rather, it's the hypocritical idiotic Governors who are letting people riot that is causing the spread.

If he stopped downplayed it so much and focused on the issue we may not have 123k dead. Also if police stop killing Unarmed Blacks we wouldn’t have riots.
Get real facts.

dale197338

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi
If he stopped downplayed it so much and focused on the issue we may not have 123k dead. Also if police stop killing Unarmed Blacks we wouldn’t have riots.
Get real facts.
But it's ok for blacks to kill each other and kids

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Of course it’s not ok for blacks to kill each other. (Just as it’s not ok for whites, Hispanics, Asian, etc) Your “Logic” seems to suggest as long as blacks can kill each other then it’s ok for the cops to? If that’s not your point, what the hell is it?
This is why forums like this should stick to talking about trucks.

FRED Pirelli

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.1 Hemi
You can't blame an entire occupation based on the actions of aa few stupid ones. Also, a lot of "those blacks" were armed or resisted arrest.
I agree. But if the great majority of good cops broke the blue code and helped weed out the racist they won’t be tarnished. To be silent is to be complicit.

Kbustaar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
After extensive searching I found the Rebel that has exactly the options I want. I haven't contacted this dealer yet but have been in e-mail & text contact with other dealers that have close to the options I want. None of the dealers I've contacted will go for anything other than a 'sale' price of MSRP! And by that I mean no 'dealer discount' not counting factory discounts or incentives. They just ignore me after I won't pay MSRP. And I'm not interested in 0% financing just money off of a cash price. No money off of their profit. I'm guessing this is because of inventories being low? Like it's a sellers market? And being out of state I don't qualify for local discounts... It's not like it's a local dealer where I can go in & grind them & then go home & wait for them to call me back after I walk out. I could go there & pretend like I'm on vacation, just passing through town & grind them in person but I'd like to lock up a deal before I go 1500 miles just to find the truck has been sold! Any ideas? Thank you! Bill
Look at the deep discount dealers on ebay and message them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is some good stuff here, but can I chime in on something?

When purchasing a new car/truck...dealers rarely show us (more like me)the invoice....even if we (me) asked nicely. They just stick it to you with the monthly payments..which is not the way to do it.

So if invoice is not possible to see...do you think that 90% of MSRP would be close to that invoice number?

For example. If a truck is $50k MSRP, is $45k (im just doing quick calculator math of 50000 x 0.90) pretty close to invoice?

Just trying to help myself and others with total price negotiations. Sometimes....just a quick calculation while gushing over a car during the car buying process is super helpful.

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack

Last edited:

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
you can find ivoice pri
There is some good stuff here, but can I chime in on something?

When purchasing a new car/truck...dealers rarely show us (more like me)the invoice....even if we (me) asked nicely. They just stick it to you with the monthly payments..which is not the way to do it.

So if invoice is not possible to see...do you think that 90% of MSRP would be close to that invoice number?

For example. If a truck is $50k MSRP, is $45k (im just doing quick calculator math of 50000 x 0.90) pretty close to invoice?

Just trying to help myself and others with total price negotiations. Sometimes....just a quick calculation while gushing over a car during the car buying process is super helpful.

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack
You can find invoice pricing without straining your google muscles too hard.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well not within 5-10 seconds...when your at the dealer. Maybe during negotiations....but when your at the dealer...salesreps love to distract.

I think a quick tool to find out what you can negotiate down to would at least be helpful...that’s all I’m saying.

Passed owner of a 2012 Ram 1500