Best winter A/T tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn Burns

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wildpeaks are a way better tire than duracraps, esp in snow/winter conditions. General Grabber atx is another. BFG KO2 in the softer compound.
I have the wildpeaks. So far, they are much better in the snow and rain. The stock Toyo's on my rebel were dangerous in the wet. I hated them.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I'm looking for tires now for my 2018 2500. My son had a 2018 2500 before and had KO2's on his and got about 50,000 miles out of them. He got them with 12,000 miles on his truck after getting stuck at work 3x with the factory Firestones. Never got stuck with the KO2's and was in North Dakota snow storms with them. Pretty sure I'm going with the KO2's.

He also had Kanatis's that he was happy with. The KO2s were $1400 and the Kanati's were only $700.

Minotaur 013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have you run these all year? How is the road noise? With the deep lugs are they squishy feeling on corners? Are they buzzy feeling on the steering wheel? Curious about summer use as well. Looking to replace my nitto ridge grapplers next spring so curious about this tire as a replacement. Thanks!
I have run these all year and they do great! I had General Grabber red letter baja tires on it it before and they were much noisier and could feel the lugs on those tires at very low speeds like when parking. The Kendas are really quiet and smooth riding. No feeling on the steering wheel. They are not squishy feeling at all on corners. They are just a solid performing tire and best bang for your buck IMHO!

Minotaur 013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'd be hesitant to recommend those tires for use in winter conditions. They're M+S rated (virtually meaningless rating) but not 3PMSF rated. Just because a tire has a chunky tread lug pattern and is pinned for studs doesn't mean it works well in winter. It's more about having sipes and tire compound than tread pattern. And since you just put those on you really don't have experience with them. I hope they work well for you, but be prepared to slide around with them.
Actually, Kenda could put the 3PMSF on these tires but they didn’t because one small size tire didn’t perform as well as they wanted. All the other sizes performed way beyond the requirements. Other tire manufacturers put it on even if one or more of the sizes they offer don’t quite make it. That’s another reason I like Kenda. There are videos from different tire dealers like Trail Built Off Road that discuss that.

Minotaur 013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’ve seen some guys at work with these. Kind of wonder how they do in the snow.
I have been up in the snowy Cascade foothills, over the passes, Mt. Hood and snowy roads around Bend and Sisters. Never had an issue yet. I deflate them down around 15-20 psi and have great traction. Of course driving within the capability of your rig goes a long way. Lol

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Actually, Kenda could put the 3PMSF on these tires but they didn’t because one small size tire didn’t perform as well as they wanted. All the other sizes performed way beyond the requirements. Other tire manufacturers put it on even if one or more of the sizes they offer don’t quite make it. That’s another reason I like Kenda. There are videos from different tire dealers like Trail Built Off Road that discuss that.
I'm not familiar with Kenda so I can only go with what I saw. If most of their tires meet the requirements it seems odd to me that they don't add it to those sizes and not on the sizes which don't. Not having that symbol will only hurt their sales as the public becomes more familiar with it. I admire their apparent commitment to honesty though.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'm looking for tires now for my 2018 2500. My son had a 2018 2500 before and had KO2's on his and got about 50,000 miles out of them. He got them with 12,000 miles on his truck after getting stuck at work 3x with the factory Firestones. Never got stuck with the KO2's and was in North Dakota snow storms with them. Pretty sure I'm going with the KO2's.

He also had Kanatis's that he was happy with. The KO2s were $1400 and the Kanati's were only $700.
I would MUCH rather pay $1400 for made in USA KO2s or Goodyears than $700 for Kanati made in china crap.