Best Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYMISSIONISFISHIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Want to replace the blades I had on for the winter, with some nice quality blades. I read somewhere that even though our trucks use a 22" blade, we can use a 24" without any problems, whats everyones take on that? Also what brand wiper blades are everyone using? I was looking at the Bosch Icons.

OP
OP
MYMISSIONISFISHIN

MYMISSIONISFISHIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What I plan to do is remove the OE ones and install the Bosch ICONS for the summer months. Then come Fall, put the OE wipers back on, as the wipers tend to take a beating in the winter and I would rather ruin an OE wiper than a $50/Pair set of wipers. Never tried Bosch wipers before.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What I plan to do is remove the OE ones and install the Bosch ICONS for the summer months. Then come Fall, put the OE wipers back on, as the wipers tend to take a beating in the winter and I would rather ruin an OE wiper than a $50/Pair set of wipers. Never tried Bosch wipers before.

So... you'd rather not see as well in the winter? Wiper blades are like brake pads... they work BECAUSE they are a sacrificial part.

Another vote for the Bosch Icons. Make sure you get the 22 A (drivers) and B (passenger).

OP
OP
MYMISSIONISFISHIN

MYMISSIONISFISHIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
As you probably know sbarron, living in Alaska that winters can get harsh on wiper blades. Me here in New Hampshire, winters get pretty harsh as well. Getting frozen to the windshield, getting cut by rough edges of ice and etc. All I am saying is my OE ones worked fine this past winter but would like a nice set for the summer months. If I could remember to put wiper blades up before every snowstorm, so they don't freeze to my windshield, then I could run the ICONS year round but that's not happening. I can replace a couple sets of the cheaper OE blades per winter, for the price of a set of ICONS, that's all I am saying.

Bert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The icons are built to last and come with warranty. They should hold up for the winter no problem

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
Several years ago when I was shopping for a 3rd gen I found a nearly new one on CL that was obviously a great truck. When I called and talked to the older gentleman who had it for sale he told me there were some premium extras he added to the truck that he wanted to go over in person. I chuckled a little on the inside when I went to see the truck and his "extras" included the bed stake pocket tie downs, a k&n filter, and Bosch Icon wipers. Mind you there was no mention of the quality brand name spray in bed liner or like new Toyo AT's he just bought at the local premium chain tire store to replace the crappy stock tires.

Fast forward to present time. After a couple years I replaced the Bosch icons with some other "premium" wiper and sold the truck. I put other "premium" wipers on my new Gen 4 RAM as well as my wife's car.

Long story short, nothing compared to the Bosch Icons and that is what I went back to on my new truck and will be putting on my wife's car when time to replace. I doubt I'll ever buy anything other than in the future unless PIAA brings back their silicone blades at a reasonable price. Those at the very top of my best of all time wipers.

OP
OP
MYMISSIONISFISHIN

MYMISSIONISFISHIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Average price I see per wiper is right around $25 each. $17 @ Walmart but they say its out of stock. Amazon is around $20 each but going to pick them up today.

Bert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$17 a wiper? Sounds cheap

For my 300 a few months ago I spent $48 and that was on special for two Bosch blades

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bosh icons for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: SyN

CBTBOB

U.S. Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bosch Icons are the best. They are constructed with metal frames. You can get them on sale at AAP usually buy one get one half price sale about every other month or you can buy them online 20% off and drive to an AAP store a few minutes later and pick them up or have them put the wipers on. I usually put my own wipers on. Wiper blades are suppose to last 3-6 months (less time in the desert) but if you take care of them and don't drag them over ice they will last a solid year or more.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Buy cheap ones and replace them every 6 months. UV doesn't care how much you spend on a wiper blade,it still attacks them all.Isn't a wiper blade made now-a-days that uses real rubber anymore,so you're best bet is to replace them every 6 months.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'm sure @TwistedJake can relate to this.

Out here in the Great NorthWet wipers get wore out fast because they are always in use due to our wonderfully wet weather.

I use Bosch Icons as well. Great wiper!

OP
OP
MYMISSIONISFISHIN

MYMISSIONISFISHIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks Guys, Just went to O'Reillys and purchased a set of them. Was a piece of cake installing them, too. And seem to contour the windshield very nicely.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Bosch Icons here as well. I usually grab them from Amazon or, if I'm ordering something else at the same time, RockAuto. (RockAuto has about the best price I've found, <$15, but the shipping gets you.)

-K

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I used to use the Icons as well but we started carrying the Trico Ultra which I have been much happier with. I have them on my truck, wife's van and son's Dart.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The pair I now have are Rain-X and bought last fall and they have held up very well through the winter. Forget how much I paid for them, but would buy them again.