Best Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice, my Icons are holding up like no other. Luv em!

I sure hope Bosch isn’t turning out to be hit and miss. The second to last set of Icons I had, was on my old Ram and those lasted me almost 10 months, and was even still on it when I sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I sure hope Bosch isn’t turning out to be hit and miss. The second to last set of Icons I had, was on my old Ram and those lasted me almost 10 months, and was even still on it when I sold it.

Can’t say I’ve noticed any issues. I use them on my truck and my car. They kick ass!!

Last edited:

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How hard was it to remove?

mine is little off like yours was and I bought mine new off the lot

Very quick and easy with the proper tool. I used Lisle #54150 Battery Terminal and Wiper Removal tool - there are cheaper options out there, but they are potmetal and some don't fit well, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I14RY6

Reactions: JB1

Danny Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Want to replace the blades I had on for the winter, with some nice quality blades. I read somewhere that even though our trucks use a 22" blade, we can use a 24" without any problems, whats everyones take on that? Also what brand wiper blades are everyone using? I was looking at the Bosch Icons.
I’ve used Bosch ICON on all of my vehicles and I love them

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
9 months in on my Trico Force blades and surprisingly they’re still wiping pretty damn good. A steak here or there occasionally but I’m quite impressed.

modstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Laramie
Not sure it’s been said yet. The BEST way to get any wiper blades to perform is using a coating on your windshield. Meaning Rain-X (not very good imo) or a paint sealant such as Chemical Guy’s Jet Seal. I put the sealant on twice a year, spring and fall and include the glass as well. It lasts all season but it probably helps that my truck sits in a garage at home or parking garage at work. I’m on three years with the current set of blades and no issues.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure it’s been said yet. The BEST way to get any wiper blades to perform is using a coating on your windshield. Meaning Rain-X (not very good imo) or a paint sealant such as Chemical Guy’s Jet Seal. I put the sealant on twice a year, spring and fall and include the glass as well. It lasts all season but it probably helps that my truck sits in a garage at home or parking garage at work. I’m on three years with the current set of blades and no issues.

Wow, I could see how having a constantly slick windshield reducing as much drag as possible would stretch the life out on a set of wiper blades to some incredible numbers but still, I still can’t imagine them surviving the sun, the heat and the UV rays for that long. That sun’s hard on ****.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, I could see how having a constantly slick windshield reducing as much drag as possible would stretch the life out on a set of wiper blades to some incredible numbers but still, I still can’t imagine them surviving the sun, the heat and the UV rays for that long. That sun’s hard on ****.

My truck has been parked in the sun the entire duration. Nano glass is another sealant... Best part about coatings is the ease of bug removal

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the Bosch Icons 22A & 22B last night. My last set of OEM lasted 8 months. If I can get a year out of these I’ll be happy.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I had to run to Oreiley’s this evening to get me a cheap little two-jaw puller to remove both my wiper arms so I could reinstall the sunsabitches back on the right way due to the dealership technician who replaced my headliner, put the right one on the left side and the left one on the right side, I decided to go ahead and just get me a new set of blades since the Trico Force blades I had were pushing 10 months old, and since I was having to swap the arms around anyways.

Was gonna try those new Trico Titans(that I’m not even sure they make anymore since they’re no longer on Trico’s website), but I saw that Bosch had these new Focuses out that I figured I’d give a shot so we’ll see. 8e2ff553aff04fefc37a6fb9d0d0d884.jpg

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/wiper-blades/focus-windshield-wipers

binford6100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I’ve never tried the Bosch Icons, but have had great luck with Silblade wipers for years. We see pretty brutal winters here in Wisconsin and silblades seem to hold up well. More often than not, I’ve been able to get two winters out of a set. They’re competitively priced compared to the other higher-end wipers referenced in this thread. Just my $0.02 worth.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve never tried the Bosch Icons, but have had great luck with Silblade wipers for years. We see pretty brutal winters here in Wisconsin and silblades seem to hold up well. More often than not, I’ve been able to get two winters out of a set. They’re competitively priced compared to the other higher-end wipers referenced in this thread. Just my $0.02 worth.

I’ve never even heard of those. Do you have to special order them, or do they line the shelves up there in y’all’s autoparts stores?

Maybe they’re cheaper in other places but off their website, they’re almost as much as the icons. Their UniBlade is about what I paid for my new Bosch Focus blades at 28 bucks a blade and their FlexBlade- that looks just like an Icon, is 27 a piece. Even their colored blades ain’t cheap. Just under 27 for the 22inch size for our trucks.

Which of these Silblades you use that’s so much cheaper?

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Which silblade wiper do you run? I know that they have different models of their wipers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Honestly I’m a fan of whatever came on my truck still using them two year later and they work great. I have all four seasons here and last winter SUCKED. never let me down. I’m also lazy as F and hate cold. So when it’s icy and covers in snow I use my wipers. So I beat mine and they are still good. In the rain they’re great. Highway speeds great.

I don’t like coatings or water wicking products. I noticed a couple touchless car washes left a film on my truck and inherently on the windshield too. I noticed my wipers would bounce and hop on the windshield and prevent the wipers from doing their job. The product wicks the water and the wipers are wiping a fairly dry windshield. However, there still might be water on it it’s not enough and probably causes damage. I prefer a clean windshield and I find the water swirling up the windshield in the wind annoying and distracting.

Man I’m getting old [emoji17]

binford6100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Which silblade wiper do you run? I know that they have different models of their wipers...

I’ve been using the original silblade but am going to try the flexblade when my factory wipers need replacing.