Better mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
With the reliability of the ram, I wouldn't be saying anything. Our trucks are poorly made . When youre at the bottom I wouldn't be talking.

http://bigworldtale.com/lifestyle/the-pickup-trucks-with-the-worst-reliability-ratings-for-2019/
I have owned GM and Ford products, and speak from experience. Name another engine that people change the firing order because even stock cranks break, not to mention the balancer and cam being pinned instead of keyed. Only GM, like the crank-snapping 5.7, 6.2, and 6.5 before it. LOL

BTW, I agree that NONE of the trucks are built like they ought to be, but the duradud and powerjoke can't make a pimple on the Cummins' ass when it come to pulling heavy.

On Edit: I also acknowledge the 53 blocks, and KDP issues that some 5.9s had.

Last edited:

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
I have owned GM and Ford products, and speak from experience. Name another engine that people change the firing order because even stock cranks break, not to mention the balancer and cam being pinned instead of keyed. Only GM, like the crank-snapping 5.7, 6.2, and 6.5 before it. LOL

BTW, I agree that NONE of the trucks are built like they ought to be, but the duradud and powerjoke can't make a pimple on the Cummins' ass when it come to pulling heavy.

On Edit: I also acknowledge the 53 blocks, and KDP issues that some 5.9s had.
I know about the older 5.9 issues but my 2000 w/190k on it has been repaired 3 times. 1st the transfer pump went out at 75k, about average for the block mounted pump and was replaced with the in tank pump w/no issues since and the ac compressor gave out at 120k. The only other thing I replaced was the starter after it did not want to engage a couple times and I did that 3 months back. Now other than brake pads twice and shocks (normal maintenance) that's it. I am amazed at how well built and durable my old truck is and I do not think mine is special after talking to a lot of 5.9 drivers. Now my new 2018 has so much techno electronics just like all the new trucks I'm sure some gizmo will fail as it is most common problem with virtually all manufacturers, but damn I love my new Ram and am willing to live with the risk.