beware the scehduled maintenance service "recommendations"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As I write this my truck is in the dealership for air suspension dropping overnight. This problem happened 4 months or so ago and I was out of province. Just got back here and took it in yesterday where it was purchased. I got the royal treatment from service advisor and he said don't worry about anything. Lined me up with a new Durango GT and sent me on my way. Called me this morning and said truck needs a new compressor which had to be express ordered. He said it should be in this afternoon and then installed. He said if traffic is too bad wait until morning and pick it up, don't worry about anything. I rate them A+

Sounnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My local dealer is a pretty new dealership. They opened without a service center then bought the Honda dealership across the street with a full service dept. Problem is the Honda dealership service was so bad no-one in town used them. Then they assumed people would start taking their Dodge vehicles in for local service, which im sure some people do. I personally want techs who know the product. That and Honda isnt big on diesels, so their experience in that world is none.

I pretty much stole my truck from the that dealer, got it for a great price. But since I dont trust them to even check my tire pressure, I take it 25 miles to the well established dealership with a pretty good service department. Has worked out well for us so far.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wondering if lack of direct competition comes into play with some of you? I'm fortunate to have 15 Ram dealerships within a 40 mile radius. I've dealt with 2 or 3 of them over the years and they all seem to be very good. One is a favorite and my preferred dealer - about 20 miles away. I've gotten both of my Rams from them and will use them for my wife's Jeep in a few months. The others are closer - one is literally 5 minutes from my home which I use only for recalls. Most have 7 day a week service hours typically from 7 am to 10 pm and mine has an express lane for oil changes (between waiting for a car or two and the actual work, takes about an hour). The truck gets washed every time they touch it. If you don't need a loaner, they'll drive you home and pick you up when the service is completed. I think competition ensures better service because they need to set themselves apart from the others. Mine also has none of the typical pinky-ring, slick salespeople that give salespeople a bad name.
Just curious if that can be one of the reasons for careless or shady service some of you experience?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Wondering if lack of direct competition comes into play with some of you? I'm fortunate to have 15 Ram dealerships within a 40 mile radius. I've dealt with 2 or 3 of them over the years and they all seem to be very good. One is a favorite and my preferred dealer - about 20 miles away. I've gotten both of my Rams from them and will use them for my wife's Jeep in a few months. The others are closer - one is literally 5 minutes from my home which I use only for recalls. Most have 7 day a week service hours typically from 7 am to 10 pm and mine has an express lane for oil changes (between waiting for a car or two and the actual work, takes about an hour). The truck gets washed every time they touch it. If you don't need a loaner, they'll drive you home and pick you up when the service is completed. I think competition ensures better service because they need to set themselves apart from the others. Mine also has none of the typical pinky-ring, slick salespeople that give salespeople a bad name.
Just curious if that can be one of the reasons for careless or shady service some of you experience?

You should post about this dealership in the thread:
Do you highly recommend your dealership.
And the Horrible dealerships in the Horrible dealerships and why. thread. This might help others in your area have a better experience buying or getting their Ram serviced.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You should post about this dealership in the thread:
Do you highly recommend your dealership.
And the Horrible dealerships in the Horrible dealerships and why. thread. This might help others in your area have a better experience buying or getting their Ram serviced.

I'll give a search and see if it would help....