BFGoodrich KO2's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Mine has been on since about a week after buying it. Running E-rated tires at the max 65 psi makes for a rough ride, poor wear, and poor traction especially in the rear when running empty. Running 45 psi front and 35 psi rear on E rated 35x12.50R17s for the last 10k miles. Occasionally pull a 4k lb. trailer for long distances and don't bother adjusting PSI, but will pump up the rears if pulling my 8k-9k lb. trailer for longer distances on the highway.
Thanks, this helps me a lot, stuff I did not know. Fist time running E tires on personal truck, question does your psi come down in the cold like other tires do? I wondered about that.

OP
OP
RobGreen

RobGreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you everyone! I actually changed gears and decided to go with Nitto Ridge Grapplers as I really liked my Trail Grapplers and I got over 50K with those. I keep my tire pressure between 40-45 PSI pretty much all of the time and that seems to have maximized the tread along with tire rotation every 5K miles. Lots of great information in this thread from everyone and I greatly appreciate the insight.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Carli Suspension recommendations on tire PSI:

mfifield01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I have them now. I have about 45k on them and they need to be replaced. I did tow 20k with them, so that may have contributed to wear. They have been great tires. Only downfall is a little extra noise and loss of MPG. I mainly got them to have LT tires for a 32' Travel Trailer. The stock passenger tires are horrible for decent sized trailers.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Yep. I know I posted this before in this thread but my son had a 2018 2500 6.4 and was off-road alot at job sites. He replaced his factory Firestones at 12,000 miles after getting stuck for the 3rd time. He got the K02's and never got stuck again. He got about 50,000 miles out of them and about 8000 miles of that was towing his 8000lb TT.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thank you everyone! I actually changed gears and decided to go with Nitto Ridge Grapplers as I really liked my Trail Grapplers and I got over 50K with those. I keep my tire pressure between 40-45 PSI pretty much all of the time and that seems to have maximized the tread along with tire rotation every 5K miles. Lots of great information in this thread from everyone and I greatly appreciate the insight.
Sounds like a good choice , my son says Nitto is the best 37’s he’s ever run . Sounds like I’m the odd man out here on KO’s, I’ve run a couple sets never cared for them , the big thing for me was they throw rocks more then any other tire I’ve run . Plus they wore pretty fast for me , but it’s been several several years since I’ve had a set . Maybe they are better now .

I’m thinking of Nitto’s for the next set , got Toyo’s on now , they are okay . Probably get around 40k out of them , but I tow a heavy fifth wheel .

AZtorque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I just posted this in the all terrain. :) I have BFG KO2's on my 3500 DRW and they perform very well and aren't loud. I have 25K miles on them and they have tons of tread left. I do rotate them every oil change. Arizona roads range between 120 degree frying pan down to snow covered roads and the tires do fine in all climates. I run them on dirt and gravel forest roads as well and they always pull through. I also have 37" BFG KO2's on my highly modified V8 conversion Jeep LJ that I wheel all the time in different climates and they kick butt. They are not a mud bogging tire but do very well for what they were designed.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a set on my last rig. Traction and style are amazing. Was a little loud for an A/T tire in my opinion. Could hear the road noise over my Flowmaster. Switched to Falken AT3 on on my current rig. Traction is just as good and no road noise at all. 2 Years almost 25k on the tires and they aren't showing any signs of wear.