Big Horn/Lone Star trim level upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scaleguy53

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
First off, I understand I am partially responsible for putting myself in this position. I just purchased a 2022 Big Horn/LoneStar Ecodiesel. It came with a level 1 trim package. My trade, which was the first Chrysler I ever owned and had level 2 trim. When looking at the 2022, the Salesperson was showing me functions on the screen. The issue as she couldn’t show me what she wanted and what it wanted. When she tried to go to the Home Screen, it said it was updating. It never completed and I had to return two days later as it required a hard reboot. That’s when I fully realized the difference in trim levels. Is it possible to update my 2022 myself, like adding auto climate control and Uconnect? I’ve already found where I can get aftermarket remote start. Any guidance is appreciated. Thx

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Searcch tool, top right of each page.

Practically everything that can be done, has been done. Just search for it.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
BTW, when asking a question, the more information, the better.
Your truck a 4th gen or 5th gen body style?
What radio do you currently have, what radio do you want to upgrade to?

then, instead of waiting for ansers, go find who has already done it and may have since quit the forum, sold the car or just plain died but their thread is still here waiting to anser all your questions.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Your truck a 4th gen or 5th gen body style?
If it's a '22 Bighorn then it's the Gen5 DT body.
For a '22 Classic Gen4 DS there is only the Warlock, Tradesman and Express trims.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
First off, I understand I am partially responsible for putting myself in this position. I just purchased a 2022 Big Horn/LoneStar Ecodiesel. It came with a level 1 trim package. My trade, which was the first Chrysler I ever owned and had level 2 trim. When looking at the 2022, the Salesperson was showing me functions on the screen. The issue as she couldn’t show me what she wanted and what it wanted. When she tried to go to the Home Screen, it said it was updating. It never completed and I had to return two days later as it required a hard reboot. That’s when I fully realized the difference in trim levels. Is it possible to update my 2022 myself, like adding auto climate control and Uconnect? I’ve already found where I can get aftermarket remote start. Any guidance is appreciated. Thx
You can to a point. all depends what you want to add. If you can get parts.

With aflaobd, after you add what parts/cables, you could turn on the function.
Problem you will find, is AflaObd and other software like it does not fully support it yet.

Still have that issue with my 2021, most functions aren't supported correctly. 2022+ is worse.
If you find a smart dealer, they could turn it on.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I recommend starting here: https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/2022-ram-1500

These are pricey but are OEM items and the kit has everything needed to install. You might be able to source the parts cheaper and use AlfaOBD that CanRebel mentioned, but these kits are guaranteed to work.

You can branch out and see what others have done as gofishn said, but Infotainment should give you a decent idea of what's out there and how big of a hit your wallet will take if you want it.