Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks verus Coil Spacer Reviewed Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jshak07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick question. Been doing my research on leveling my truck, 2016 Ram 1500 5.7. Currently its on 22x12 wrapped in a 33x12.50 and id like to keep that size or possibly go to a 35x12.50.

My question is, going the Bilstein 5100 route, is there anything else i need to get? Ive read that some change out the upper control arms, and even the coils. I just want to do this right the first time. Thanks yall.

C50C5C64-3C17-42BA-9F27-670E639C1D1D.jpeg

1AB5FF01-1685-4507-9A3C-E5B1EEE79AB7.jpeg

staying_tuned

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UCAs only need to be changed if you do the max lift of 2.8"

I heard this as well and went with the 2.1" setting up front, no aftermarket UCAs and no rear spacers. The result is .5" higher in the rear, looks great and dead simple. That was about 5k miles ago and zero issues so far.

Jshak07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I heard this as well and went with the 2.1" setting up front, no aftermarket UCAs and no rear spacers. The result is .5" higher in the rear, looks great and dead simple. That was about 5k miles ago and zero issues so far.
Have a picture of yours by chance? And did it improve or affect your ride at all? Anything you wish you may have done different?

waynestractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also did 2.1", but it put my Laramie a little front high so I did 1.5" rear spacers and now it sits about the same as yours.

staying_tuned

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a picture of yours by chance? And did it improve or affect your ride at all? Anything you wish you may have done different?

Yep, here you are. The ride is substantially better than stock.

- Brake dive has been reduced
- Body roll has been reduced drastically (no longer feels like a boat, my favorite improvement by far even more than the actual lift itself)
- Absorbs small ruts/sticks/rocks etc. during trail driving much better
- Although raised, the truck feels far more planted

The only thing I'd change is perhaps adding a .75" rear poly spacer. I'd like a tad more rake for when I load a few hundred pounds of sand in the back for winter but thats about it.

post_2.1_raise.jpg