Bilstein 6112 vs 4" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you don’t already have 5100’s then yes. You can’t buy all 4 Bilsteins for $400 and they are better than the “white body” shocks.
Hm ok. Wasn't really wanting to spend almost 3k with install. I'll have to look into some other options maybe

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any kit you go with will cost that kind of money if not going with the “standard” shocks. If that’s not in the budget then skip ‘em. I have 5100’s up front because I leveled the truck before I did the full on lift. I actually have the “white body” shocks in the rear, been running them for almost 70k miles. I’d like some better ones but make no mistake, they will do the job.

This applies to whatever brand lift you
choose.

Not sure where you’re located but I got a smok’n deal on my installation......$539 out the door with alignment. That was from an authorized retailer/installer! I did call around and the prices varied wildly............$950 first place, $750 from #2, #3, well, they got my business.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any kit you go with will cost that kind of money if not going with the “standard” shocks. If that’s not in the budget then skip ‘em. I have 5100’s up front because I leveled the truck before I did the full on lift. I actually have the “white body” shocks in the rear, been running them for almost 70k miles. I’d like some better ones but make no mistake, they will do the job.

choose.

Not sure where you’re located but I got a smok’n deal on my installation......$539 out the door with alignment. That was from an authorized retailer/installer! I did call around and the prices varied wildly............$950 first place, $750 from #2, #3, well, they got my business.
Yeah I need to check around. I got a quote of 800 installed with alignment. I would eventually go bils but not sure I can swing it all at once

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For reference, in the pic below my 4” kit came with everything shown EXCEPT the 2 spacers circled in red. Those spacers are what go in the factory coil to generate the additional 2” on the 6” kit. That is all you WOULD NOT USE if you wanted only 4”. The rear relocation brackets (circled in blue) used to come with the 4” kit (the one I have). These are why you would want to spend the extra $100 for the 6” kit over the 4”.

Check out the part numbers between the 6” and 4”, they are the same! IF you decide to go the Superlift route, do yourself a favor and get the 6” kit........I’d go that route all day everyday and twice on Sunday before worrying about the nicer shocks.

771F41C5-1B31-4BA3-9255-789235064CD9.png

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

choose.

Also considering going 6112s with a 1.5" body lift

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also considering going 6112s with a 1.5" body lift
Not a bad idea, I’m leaning towards replacing my aging 5100’s with 6112’s.......and finally gonna get those nicer rear shocks (didn’t want to swing that $$$ back then either)

Unlike a lot of other trucks, Rams look really good with body lifts, the body extends well below the frame so when you do a body lift, you don’t get the unsightly frame exposure. And the factory fender liners hide the gap in the rear. Plenty of members have gone that route.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a bad idea, I’m leaning towards replacing my aging 5100’s with 6112’s.......and finally gonna get those nicer rear shocks (didn’t want to swing that $$$ back then either)

Unlike a lot of other trucks, Rams look really good with body lifts, the body extends well below the frame so when you do a body lift, you don’t get the unsightly frame exposure. And the factory fender liners hide the gap in the rear. Plenty of members have gone that route.
Yeah I only wheel like once a month and it's pretty light trails, nothing crazy. Because with the 6112s up front, icon 1.5" rear coils or 1.5" rear spacer, 5100s in the rear, and a 1.5" body lift I'd be at 4" overall and would cost a good bit less that the other kits and I could get new UCA's. All of that would run me about $1,300 but would replace basically all of my factory suspension components that already have 40k miles of wear on them, unknown how many miles were with a ****** spacer lift up front

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the 5100’s set at 2.8, Bils in the rear with Airlift 5000’s installed, and a Zone 1.5 BL. Also added Zone UCA’s. Ride is perfect, and handles well off-road. I too wanted the 6” lift but the wife wasn’t too thrilled about it, and also didn’t want to spend it he money for a true 4” (might as well just get a 6”).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 5100’s set at 2.8, Bils in the rear with Airlift 5000’s installed, and a Zone 1.5 BL. Also added Zone UCA’s. Ride is perfect, and handles well off-road. I too wanted the 6” lift but the wife wasn’t too thrilled about it, and also didn’t want to spend it he money for a true 4” (might as well just get a 6”).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good to know. May go that route

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

choose.

Tell me this was in Phoenix. That’s an awesome install price.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tell me this was in Phoenix. That’s an awesome install price.
Dallas, Ga..........I couldn’t believe it either. I called back to verify they didn’t misunderstand and think I had a solid axle 2500..............I then proceeded to tell them I’d see them bright and early the next morning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio