Binding noise in front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike49321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I haven’t jacked it up to check it out yet, but am tonight after work. Was getting off the highway the other day and when I started going there was a very pronounced binding/popping noise from what seemed to be the front passenger side. I was far from home...ended up getting it home without it doing it again. Then I took it for a little ride to see if I could get it to do it, and it did it quite a bit. Sounds like something is binding. I can feel it slow the truck down when it binds. It’s not constant. Binds and then pops. Doesn’t really seem to matter which way I’m turning. Does it driving straight sometimes. I didn’t have time to jack it up, but did notice my outer cv boot is ripped

2008 ram 1500 4x4

anyone else had anything like this happen before??

OP
OP
M

Mike49321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I should also mention that it doesn’t seem to matter if it’s in 4x4 or not

I’m just confused. Doesn’t seem indicative of bad cv joint or wheel bearing, as far as my history with them going bad

OP
OP
M

Mike49321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just jacked it up. Wheel bearing is toast. Tire barely spins and there is in and out play