Black Lug Nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BacavilleHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My PW came with the black rims. RAM for some reason put chrome lug nuts on the rims. Has anyone replaced the OEM ones with black ones? Any recommendations on which ones to get? There are a bunch listed on Ebay but when it comes to lug nuts, I don't want to get some cheap Chinese crap that might fail.
I use the black ones from Ebay and they work just fine. Just don't get the ones from China. It will take two months to get them.

IMG_0440.jpeg

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
My PW came with the black rims. RAM for some reason put chrome lug nuts on the rims. Has anyone replaced the OEM ones with black ones? Any recommendations on which ones to get? There are a bunch listed on Ebay but when it comes to lug nuts, I don't want to get some cheap Chinese crap that might fail.
I have Gorilla Nuts in black. They seem strong but the paint does scratch with a socket.

Ram on the Ridge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree that the chrome nuts are just wrong on the blackout package especially. I will be looking for a Gorilla set.
I also swapped out the antenna from 2009 F150 trading. Fits perfect and is black!

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an I’ve gone through 1 set that wound up fading and this new set has faded as well. Meanwhile the McGard locks are still gloss black.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bought my 2012 at 2yrs old--I assume they are factory(chrome)with one misshapen lug. No rust on any of them and I am in the rust belt. Why are lugs rusting on trucks, are they all aftermarket that are rusting. Does anyone have that issue with the originals (OEM) ?

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
download (1).jpeg

No rust problems here with OEM lug nuts even with driving through heavy usage of magnesium chloride on the highways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn