Black paint….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Every new truck I bought since 1985 has been black. That's seven.
No regrets. Sure it gets dirty like any other color. But when it is clean, it's like a mirror.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From someone whos had a black truck for almost 10 years now, if you don't like cleaning your truck often pick another color. It looks amazing when its clean, and I do mean amazing. Then, an hour or two later when its dirty again youll want to wash it again.

Also every little scratch shows on a black vehicle. It makes the truck hot in the summer but in the winter all you have to do is park it in the sun and expose some paint to melt the snow off the truck.

FWIW if I had to do it over again I would pick a different color.
I have to echo Hemi395. After two black trucks in a row, I went with Billet Silver on my last one and like it a lot for all reasons. However, I know of a black Ram that had Diamond Coat applied when new and there are still no swirl marks visible in the paint. Seems to resist all but heavy scratches, as well. Best part, it never needs to be waxed.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 81598 miles