Black paint….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Why does a white truck always look terrible? You just said a black truck always looks terrible.
I'm sure he said that mostly in jest. But to me when I see a white truck, first thing I think of is "contractor" or "delivery". It is the most common color too. But it is good about hiding dirt. One of our current cars is white, easy maintenance.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Why does a white truck always look terrible? You just said a black truck always looks terrible
I did not say a Black truck looks terrible. I said it always looks dirty unless just washed. I did say a White truck always looks terrible because I don't like the color white on vehicles.... IMHO.

M02v8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
In the camp of "Had one and never again!". I am on my 2nd silver truck and have been thrilled with it. Looks clean even when dirty and doesn't show every little scratch/swirl. I would go granite before I would go black if I was choosing between those 2.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only reason I have a black truck is because it was the right price at the right time.

But, it does look really dang nice when its all polished and shined up, that is for sure!

Would not recommend if you have a choice though
Same here. I had a choice of certified preowned just before Covid hit, a stripped white SLT or a top level black BigHorn. I don’t regret choosing the black truck for one minute because I got a fantastic deal on it. Now would I pay sticker for a black truck? Hummm?
Looks great when it’s washed and waxed but it shows dirt quickly.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The only reason I have a black truck is because it was the right price at the right time.

But, it does look really dang nice when its all polished and shined up, that is for sure!

Would not recommend if you have a choice though
Same here. I had a choice of certified preowned just before Covid hit, a stripped white SLT or a top level black BigHorn. I don’t regret choosing the black truck for one minute because I got a fantastic deal on it. Now would I pay sticker for a black truck? Hummm?
Looks great when it’s washed and waxed but it shows dirt quickly.

Now you understand what I've been saying, and why I have a black truck... Right Price, Right Time, no other color available.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 2010 was black, silver trim, Laramie, I love black, but I also wash it about every time it needs washing , which is all the time. Hot weather, it can be bad, I think if you don't like to wash, white is better. Or brown?
I have Red now as it was the best deal when I needed to replace the 2010 because of stupid chev guys that can't drive.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My last truck was granite crystal and I used Meguiar’s ceramic wax on it and that truck glowed when it was clean and didn't look that bad when dirty either. Never had a black truck.
20220630_171108.jpgPic 1.jpg

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It depends. I had a black 2001 C5 Corvette and agree with all who said it looks great when clean.

I also used to have a black 1998 Dodge Neon where my attitude was who cares. Once, a fri3nd asked me if I had a new car. I replied "no, it just rained yesterday" :)

Maryland_Man

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Always thought a fire engine red RAM was cool looking. The Laramie was available in red, but couldn't get a six cylinder with air suspension. Ended up with silver with an 8 and air suspension. Brother-In-Law went to Amazon and found a die-cast metal model of a RAM Rebel in red and sent to me. I now have my red truck. Fantasy fulfilled.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Old picture from when I bought it, but this is the Red, I have a bit more shiny stuff on it , and a cover, mainly stock yet.
This year seems like a lot of plain light gray, and green running around
2014 ram.jpg

Gijason72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love my midnight edition black truck. Yes it is a ***** to keep clean, but when it is, no other color compares.

Attachments

• 20210404_132244.jpg
    20210404_132244.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 8

Gijason72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love my midnight edition black truck. Yes it is a ***** to keep clean, but when it is, no other color compares.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to purchase 23 1500 Limited night, thinking black or granite, never had a black vehicle, I’m afraid…..
thoughts and experiences with the black and night package of you would please.
Thank you
I have had many dark colored vehicles over the years, but have had white since 2001. Like the look when clean, but that doesn't last long. Every bit of mud, dust, rock chip, scratch or scuff shows up as white. And, water spots are a killer.
Good luck.

670hoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought a black one because I got a good deal on it. Never again! Every scratch or blemish that wouldn't be noticeable on many other colors show and it's always dirty.

Flynight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black is beautiful! (on trucks) I can't begin to count how many black vehicles I have had. They may be a little harder to keep clean but when they are clean SWEET! I am what you call a fanatic about my trucks they are always clean. Back in 2015 Ram had two different blacks the Diamond Chrystal and the pure black. The diamond look great close up (lots of sparkle) but does not have the pure shine of pure black. The only thing you can get now is the diamond black. If you want to pull up to a stop light and have the cars next to you say "Damn the is one good looking truck" get the black. I would suggest going to the local car wash and getting a membership for $30 bucks a month and wash it every other day.

OP
OP
J

jaxerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Why does a white truck always look terrible? You just said a black truck always looks terrible.
Ha!! I cant do white anyways, was never able to ever. But, never had black either.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Remember the lime green and the orange, with black in the 1970's?
The easiest to keep looking OK was a white one I had.
light tan ( sandstone?) was not bad,
I bought that one because it was only truck with a tan interior, on the lot, all others where black interior.2005 .
Lime green with strips was a 72 I think. shifter on the dash.

PoconoJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My opinion:
Any color will look good and stay looking good longer if you keep a good protection coat on it. If it sheds the water good, it will look cleaner longer.

Black is really sharp when it's clean and will stay clean if it has a good coat of your favorite protection on it.

I dont use old school wax anymore. The new fangled spray-on coatings are amazing. They are so quick and easy to apply and last long too. I can do my full size truck in 20 minutes. Plus these concoctions don't leave white stuff all over your black mouldings or rubber parts.

That being said, yeah some colors are more forgiving when it comes to seeing the dirt. We had a silver vehicle at one time. It always looked clean. I would come home and think my wife washed the truck until I got up close to see it was actually dirty.

Huliodude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The new fangled spray-on coatings are amazing. They are so quick and easy to apply and last long too. I can do my full size truck in 20 minutes. Plus these concoctions don't leave white stuff all over your black mouldings or rubber parts.
What spray-on coating do you use PoconoJoe?