black paint.

dexterstjock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
I have a black 2012 Ram, I'm trying to figure out how to make the black paint look "richer and darker?" If you have any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My wife had a black VW Passat and I used a polish made specifically for black. Can’t remember the brand but it was a major name and worked great. You can find it in about any auto parts store.

ThunderMug95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some considerations…your paint is 10 plus years old with the accompanying oxidation and scratches that throw off the luster. You may want to use a mild cutting wax and/or clay bar it. Then apply a really nice wax/polish and buff the bejezus out of it. This will produce excellent results. There is so much crap on the paint you cant see. Take a piece of cellophane and run it along your paint. It would shock you how much grit and imperfections are there. You can feel it through your finger tips w/cellophane.
I paid a local detailer to do this to our 2001 red Vette and it was WELL worth it. I also clay bar my Ram every year. Silver is easy compared to black though.