Black/Smoked Headlight/Taillight Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got the Spyder version of these. Love em

I believe they are all spyderauto, warning label on box said spyderauto.

We just had some crazy rain, i do notice some moisture in mine, i guess it happens sometimes, they do have vents to help this i guess.

eddie046

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to get some recommendations on some black/smoked headlights and taillights. I have a 2016 1500 Sport with factory projector headlights and factory LED taillights. My truck is the metallic steel grey and I want to get some smoked headlights/taillights with black housings. I've been looking around and I cant find much I like that works with the factory projectors and LEDs. I want to avoid getting the factory lights tinted since I have to pass inspection at some point lol. Any advice or recommendations would be great.

Truck: 2016 Ram 1500 Sport (Metallic Steel Grey)
Factory Projector Headlights, Factory LED Taillights
I just have to ask this. Why would you want to willingly reduce the effectiveness of your headlights and visibility of your taillights?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I just have to ask this. Why would you want to willingly reduce the effectiveness of your headlights and visibility of your taillights?
these are OEM, still same crappy output as the shiney ones, so added LEDs. a black, or smoked housing wont effect headlights.

Now taillights, I tinted mine, and they were still brighter than some other cars.

20190502_202120.jpg

20190604_153603.jpg

OP
OP
B

B Dauterive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Well the reason for tinting the lights is because they look good lol but you can 1000% negate any loss of light by adding HID kits so honestly no loss

eddie046

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the reason for tinting the lights is because they look good lol but you can 1000% negate any loss of light by adding HID kits so honestly no loss
To each their own. Dark window tint, black wheels or tinting the lights definitely not something I'm into.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Did you use tint film or paint?
the taillights were a film, it was thicker than window tint. I used a shop that did vehicle wraps...$100 for all three tails.

20190604_103012.jpg

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great. Thanks for the reply. Def considering these to replace my recently burnt out OEM LED taillight.
They are excellent quality, nothing has ever gone wrong with them in 4 years now other than operator error!! Backed into bushes at my spot and scratched pass side lens but not bad enough to send it in for a tuneup...lol

Good luck

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm ok with all the tint but never black wheels.
Depends on the rest of the truck. I have a Warlock with factory blacked out front and rear bumpers, factory blacked out badging, clear lens but blacked out housing factory headlights, and for some reason, moronic looking silver lugnuts on satin black wheels, and a moronic silver RAM logo on the front blacked out Fu Ram Chu (my name for the "mustache" looking design) grill. On that, chrome or silver wheels would just look silly.