Black tray under carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys hope you can help. I am trying to put sound deadener under the NON POWER passenger front seat of the 2021 Warlock. Under the carpet I have founfd a black try type thing going from the firewall on an angle under the front seat. Can I remove that..any info on how..and what is it? I see 2 yellow connector boxes as well. Do tyhey just pull apart..should I disconnect ther battery first..I am thinking best to do this..yes?
Thanks all

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
many times yellow connectors have to do with air bags so I would be careful. might want to post a photo of it.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I will just u nplug the battery in any event. I am sure those ttwo connector just pul apart . More curious about that black tray/air vent like item. It is flat and looks like it goes to the back footwell. Just want to remove it as I have a dog bench in the back and do not need air underneath...any ideas?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I think I will just u nplug the battery in any event. I am sure those ttwo connector just pul apart . More curious about that black tray/air vent like item. It is flat and looks like it goes to the back footwell. Just want to remove it as I have a dog bench in the back and do not need air underneath...any ideas?
You can unplug the yellow plugs with-out disconnecting the battery Dave.Lots of us drag racers pull the pass seat on the trucks,and some of us pull both pass seat and rear seat on the cars,not saying who though,lol

FasterZ Better

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That plastic tray may possibly be there for the rear HVAC. (heat for the floor in the rear if you have a quad or crew cab).

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Right..after getting the pass front seat out followed that tray/vent back to the crew cab area. My dogs have the rear with a built in L platform istead of the seat. They could not get any air because of the platform so I ripped that out( it was hitting the floor anyway ) and blocked the air channel up front. Then sound deadened the whole passenger side up to th& including the foot rests...now the driver side...not going to be fun if this was any example 5 hrs to undo tiny center consul bolts and pull out the seat and lift carpet and put in deadener thern put it all back together. Probably in hind sight not worth all ther effort But i had extra sound deadener so now it is done.