Blacklisted by Dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Reaction score
I've been a customer of FCA since 2015 and most experiences with them have been negative.From FCA corporate customer service down to the dealership customer service level.When I do decide sell my Ram I will never ever deal with them again.Ever.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Yeah ur right man but I'm gonna hold back + I took the video down. Not a pity party at all. They were in the wrong and they know it. Guess all these customers at the dealership taking pictures and videos with their brand new vehicle is illegal too. I just try to stay on topic: Protect your belongings and be mindful of cameras.

GM explains - We don't allow recordings.

My questions - Do you have a sign explicitly saying recording is not allowed? Does anyone inform customers that recording is not allowed? Is there a document I signed acknowledging recording is not allowed?

Answer: Nope. Nope. Nope.

I my RAM and these guys are back there slapping my truck around. I'm done with this bs. Y'all are very generous with your time reading, responding + asking questions. Really appreciate it. How do you not miss this thing? It's literally right in front of ur face man daym.

View attachment 181398

What make & model is this camera? I’ve been considering one for a while. I’m guessing you like it?

JD Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2016, 2016
Engine
6.7, 6.4, 6.7, 5.9 in a F750
I've been a customer of FCA since 2015 and most experiences with them have been negative.From FCA corporate customer service down to the dealership customer service level.When I do decide sell my Ram I will never ever deal with them again.Ever.

Bought a 5500 that was "built for Kannada. Spent $2600 on repairing corroded DEF crap that should have been under warranty. FCA won't warranty it because it was allegedly built for Kannada, but they won't tell me what is different between a Kannadian and an American truck.

So my question is, if it's built to Kannadian specs, then they should have been able to delete this crap for me, right? If they won't cover it under the federally mandated warranty time frame, it must not be needed.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought a 5500 that was "built for Kannada. Spent $2600 on repairing corroded DEF crap that should have been under warranty. FCA won't warranty it because it was allegedly built for Kannada, but they won't tell me what is different between a Kannadian and an American truck.

So my question is, if it's built to Kannadian specs, then they should have been able to delete this crap for me, right? If they won't cover it under the federally mandated warranty time frame, it must not be needed.

Not sure if it was built in Canada as I don't believe there is a Ram factory there. However, since around 02/03 vehicles that were sold/registered first in Canada, do not have their warranties honored in the U.S.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2002-06-02-0206020080-story.html

Has happened to plenty of people on here, and there are a TON of Canadian used rams now for sale in the U.S. that will all have the same issue. Some members on here have had some luck with being able to get the warranty transferred, maybe they can help further.

OP
OP
Duane Pipes

Duane Pipes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What make & model is this camera? I’ve been considering one for a while. I’m guessing you like it?
It's a rexing. I have a few different dash cams. They're pretty much the same if you ask me. Same 1080p.I wouldn't spend over $100.

Setup is all interior facing out the windshield + out the back above the sliding window. I switched to out the windshield + into the cab (like an uber camera). I went with into the cab after that ******* mechanic went digging through my stuff. I want to talk trash about FCA but I'm gonna let it go.

Windshield and rear facing is the way to go. It's 2019; some people will hit and run with no hesitation. It's like the sucker punch of car crashes haha

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
It's a rexing. I have a few different dash cams. They're pretty much the same if you ask me. Same 1080p.I wouldn't spend over $100.

Setup is all interior facing out the windshield + out the back above the sliding window. I switched to out the windshield + into the cab (like an uber camera). I went with into the cab after that ******* mechanic went digging through my stuff. I want to talk trash about FCA but I'm gonna let it go.

Windshield and rear facing is the way to go. It's 2019; some people will hit and run with no hesitation. It's like the sucker punch of car crashes haha

Thanks for the info! Good luck with FCA. Hopefully you’ll have better luck at a new dealer!

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didnt read every comment but my take is. Yes you recorded on private property but your vehicle is also private property and the dealer didnt act in good faith towards your private property. I think you would of been safe if the recording with inside the vehicle. With that being said, in some states it's a felony to record audio without express consent from all parties involved.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
1st mistake: If you had an issue with the dealership, why didn't you take the video directly to management and allow them to respond, before going public with it to meet your inner desire for clickbait?

Hate me if you wish, but **** like this is a problem in our society right now. People would rather be a Youtube star than solve their problem with personal communication and fairness.
Amen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio