Blackstone oil report is in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI

I can't find the pic I saved of it but this was from 4/21, not many miles but a ton of cold starts without the block heater plugged in. Hopefully you guys can read that...

Holy smokes - that oil didn't shear down at all.

Although it only had 3,900 miles and was during winter temps. Hope we can get a look at in the summer heat + towing. @Travis8352 is running HPL Super Car 0W-30 right now, but again, it's winter and nobody's towing in the heat.

Thanks for sharing!

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be watching this thread too. I would like to know how HPL compares to Redline. Even though I've gone through the effort of replacing items on my truck to cure the tick, the more info the better.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I do 10-12k between oil changes except for the factory fill and my first change was 7k I think. Penn ultra Syn 5w30 5 qts and 2 qts of Penn Ultra Syn 10w30. Stock height short filter - Purolator Boss, K&N or M1 Extended oil filters only. I have run a oil air separator since new and my oil reports all come back great. They actually tell me to push it further! I can try to find a pic of my most recent if you guys want to see. My last oil change was Amsoil OE syn and it did great but I went back to Penn ultra as it was on sale :) No additives and I don't add any oil during the oil change interval (at least not yet) but I guess I lose about 9-12oz or so just through the oil air separator during a 10k interval. Currently I'm at around 8500k on the same Penn Ulta.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@blackbetty14 thanks for sharing. It would be good to see your reports.
I have also toyed with the idea of a catch can. Not sure whether it would be worth doing now that the vehicle has done 270,000 kms.
It seems like your oil change method is working very well. What were the weights you used of Amsoil? The same as the PUP?

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Correct, Amsoil OE was great at the 10k mark and I used straight 5w30 (didn't do the 10w30 mix due to availability in store). I would have to dig around for the report but I know my last change was around 10k (9,700 I think) and they said if I didn't state it was an extended oil change they wouldn't have known. I checked my EVIC yesterday and I'm around 8,200 currently and my oil change is showing 20% till its needed to be changed. So that's around 10k, which I might do so my next oil change is right before the winter next year. I don't want to be doing oil changes when its 0*F-30*F out and getting samples lol.