Blackstone - used oil analysis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
No rebuilds or any issues? If no rebuilds than wow. I’m amazed and that is awesome.

No rebuilds, the only issues is that the transmission did some funky things when the engine was badly in need of a tune up, which got resolved yesterday. Truck still runs and drives like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m gonna get a UOA on my 500K 4.7L...wish me luck..

You must drive a lot?? Last I heard it was 450? That's friggin amazing you have half a million miles on that truck. Especially the 65RFE[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
You must drive a lot?? Last I heard it was 450? That's friggin amazing you have half a million miles on that truck. Especially the 65RFE[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

450K at around January-February. And yes it is, i’m surprised she’s still rollin.

Joe Pitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I follow Project Farm on YouTube. He does lots of automotive product comparisons. He also uses BlackStone for oil testing. I have used other labs in the past. I am going to start using Blackstone myself.

Cheers
Joe

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
450K at around January-February. And yes it is, i’m surprised she’s still rollin.

Are you sure about those miles.Doing a little math means the truck has be driven 196 miles "every" day or roughly 71,500 miles a year from when it was new,no stopping for Christmas or New Years either,lol. Not saying it can't be done,but i sure question your milege claims. If you said 200,000 miles i'd believe you,but 500,000 miles is a bit hard to believe. Those are over the road semi truck numbers not personal 1/2 ton pick-up numbers,lol

Ridgerunner665

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure about those miles.Doing a little math means the truck has be driven 196 miles "every" day or roughly 71,500 miles a year from when it was new,no stopping for Christmas or New Years either,lol. Not saying it can't be done,but i sure question your milege claims. If you said 200,000 miles i'd believe you,but 500,000 miles is a bit hard to believe. Those are over the road semi truck numbers not personal 1/2 ton pick-up numbers,lol
You're not wrong there about that being over the road truck numbers.

I'm a driver for a pretty big trucking company.... for 3 years I did truck recovery for them, going all over bringing back trucks that were abandoned, drivers fired, broke down, or not payed for, etc.

In those 3 years we (team setup) put 388,000 miles on a 2015 Chevy Colorado that was brand new when we got it... mostly highway miles though, that truck was still running strong when I went back to the big truck... and its still going today but I don't know the miles on it now.

Oil changed and tires rotated every 5000 miles... every other weekend.

Maybe not really relevant here, but thought I'd share it.

Before that experience, nobody could have convinced me a gas engine could do that... we didn't baby it either, didn't abuse it... but we certainly used it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

Yeah, i’m sure about it. This truck was driven on many road trips throughout its life, and it did cross country trips close to every week in the beginning of 2013 till around May when we were moving from Florida to California.

She was driven like hell in 2014, being a main vehicle for 5 people, because at that point, we couldn’t afford another vehicle, and we all had work that was SUPER far away as we moved out into the middle of no-where in cali. She’s pulled a Coleman camper atleast one of those times if my memory serves me right. Not a big one, a REALLY old pop up camper.

I don’t remember exactly how many miles she had on her in 2016 when we got one of our current Chrysler 300s, but it was surely high.

This truck was also made in late 2012.

She has A LOT of battle scars.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, i’m sure about it. This truck was driven on many road trips throughout its life, and it did cross country trips close to every week in the beginning of 2013 till around May when we were moving from Florida to California.

She was driven like hell in 2014, being a main vehicle for 5 people, because at that point, we couldn’t afford another vehicle, and we all had work that was SUPER far away as we moved out into the middle of no-where in cali. She’s pulled a Coleman camper atleast one of those times if my memory serves me right. Not a big one, a REALLY old pop up camper.

I don’t remember exactly how many miles she had on her in 2016 when we got one of our current Chrysler 300s, but it was surely high.

This truck was also made in late 2012.

She has A LOT of battle scars.

I believe you bro.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Both of these intervals were using the same RP 10-48 filter. Had ~17K miles on it.

66784122-5127-4FFB-94F4-3DAF28D103CC.jpeg

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
PUP still and always low wear king.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ronnie latest numbers if he doesn't import them. he is busy, and just found out about blackstone import w/o info function.

.com%2F20180420%2F531ead6f164a7aa58310c32ec10a9504.png

Rons latest... 9700 miles redline 5w30, 96k on truck, it is even going lower.
Al- 1
Iron -9
Copper-11
moly-518
boron -41
silicone 12
sodium -17
CA 2715
MAG- 285
phos-1009
zinc - 1209
visc at 100- 12.41
tbn 2.8

just in case he doesn't post it.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
091DC551-A713-4D2A-9009-54391F687B5A.jpeg
I have searched the forum and have not seen this....if it does exist, moderators please delete.

I have seen on other forums that there was a Blackstone used oil analysis thread. A thread for members to post UOA on for everyone to see.

I am waiting on my next oil change, then I will be sending off a sample and I will post it here in this thread.

If you have a report and wouldn't mind posting it for the benefit of rest of the group, please do so.

Last, lets keep it on topic........posts of UOA reports ONLY. If we don't, we will have reports and the comments will go wild.
I have searched the forum and have not seen this....if it does exist, moderators please delete.

I have seen on other forums that there was a Blackstone used oil analysis thread. A thread for members to post UOA on for everyone to see.

I am waiting on my next oil change, then I will be sending off a sample and I will post it here in this thread.

If you have a report and wouldn't mind posting it for the benefit of rest of the group, please do so.

Last, lets keep it on topic........posts of UOA reports ONLY. If we don't, we will have reports and the comments will go wild.

I got my first report back

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Good news, it looks like a top running hemi with no issues. I think their might be an opportunity to make those numbers a lot better, move over to PUP and maybe consider 5w30. Generally speaking, I would have no worries with that hemi.

Bad news, you didn't pay for tbn so we can't use it to set an interval, I don't know how blackstone suggests running it to 7k miles w/o tbn. While wear is low, there was only 5k miles on oil and at 60k miles it may be a little less then a top running hemi. What's with the titanium? What oil is this?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So I was told it was castrol syntec, a top oil for sure. Interesting it has moly and titanium. But I still think PUP has the opportunity to do better. Nothing against other oils, but PUP seams to be the lowest wear numbers, so easy to judge how the hemi is doing when we see a PUP uoa. OP informed me new oil is redline, of which I might skip a uoa, up to you. First uoa of redline is always high, then drops like a rock, nobody knows why for sure. Whatever oil you use, your hemi is in good shape.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
Good news, it looks like a top running hemi with no issues. I think their might be an opportunity to make those numbers a lot better, move over to PUP and maybe consider 5w30. Generally speaking, I would have no worries with that hemi.

Bad news, you didn't pay for tbn so we can't use it to set an interval, I don't know how blackstone suggests running it to 7k miles w/o tbn. While wear is low, there was only 5k miles on oil and at 60k miles it may be a little less then a top running hemi. What's with the titanium? What oil is this?
That was castrol syn. Last change I used redline 5w30, I figured I would change again at 5 k & get the tbn then

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That was castrol syn. Last change I used redline 5w30, I figured I would change again at 5 k & get the tbn then

Does the hemi have any issues at all? Is there a reason you want a 5k mile interval? The issue with getting a sample only at 5k miles leaves a large hole of information if you want a longer oci. Pretty much any oil will get you 5k miles.