Blackstone - used oil analysis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Understood, for a couple hundred dollars an oil change I don't mind changing it sooner, if it were a couple thousand then that's a different story.

I haven't look at the oil filter thread in awhile but I'm running the royal purple.... Is there something better that should be considered now?

Also something to note this is with a tune that turns off the mds for the entire oil change
as long as its the 20-820 imo you running the best filter as well. endurance would be fe2 part number.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is my latest oil analysis with RL 5/30. Just over 20k mile oil change with nearly 100k miles on engine. Using Amsoil air filter and Amsoil dual remote bypass filter system.

View attachment 541113
It looks good. Supports the claim that Redline is a really great oil and worth the price. Why does the first with the Amsoil SS have the Hazard sign? Was that oil not good?
For the Hemi, even though it looks like Redline can handle it, I would avoid going over 5000 miles on the oil change interval. On an engine getting close to 100,000 in mileage, continuing 20k intervals would be just asking for trouble IMO.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use PAPE for oil analysis
It looks good. Supports the claim that Redline is a really great oil and worth the price. Why does the first with the Amsoil SS have the Hazard sign? Was that oil not good?
For the Hemi, even though it looks like Redline can handle it, I would avoid going over 5000 miles on the oil change interval. On an engine getting close to 100,000 in mileage, continuing 20k intervals would be just asking for trouble IMO.
I use PAPE for oil analysis. Just the way they flag items, in that case the engine was newer and breaking in. RL 5/30 just seemed to be better than the Amsoil 5/20ss. The dual filter bypass allows me to run extended oil interval as it was the best result in spite of 20k miles than previous results.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Here is my latest oil analysis with RL 5/30. Just over 20k mile oil change with nearly 100k miles on engine. Using Amsoil air filter and Amsoil dual remote bypass filter system.

View attachment 541113
crazy impressive when you see the new 20k mile interval and near 2 years, thanks for posting!

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sending in my first oil analysis on this truck to Blackstone. Is the TBN useful and necessary with today's oil? I've heard different opinions and don't mind the extra $10.00 if it's useful.

This oil sample on the Pentastar is 5986 miles on 5.75 quarts of PUP 5/30, and 15oz Lubegard Biotech. Total engine mileage is 34604 miles.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm sending in my first oil analysis on this truck to Blackstone. Is the TBN useful and necessary with today's oil? I've heard different opinions and don't mind the extra $10.00 if it's useful.

This oil sample on the Pentastar is 5986 miles on 5.75 quarts of PUP 5/30, and 15oz Lubegard Biotech. Total engine mileage is 34604 miles.

I always do it because I like nerdy details like that. But really it's only useful if you are planning to establish an oil change interval and you want to know how far you can push it. If you're like most of us and change it every 5000 to 7000 miles then its not needed.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. This 6000 mile change is pushing it for me. lol

I would consider 7 to 8k if everything looks good. I don't expect to put over 4 to 5k a year on the truck from here on out. Maybe not that much.

This 6k was 11 months.

Heck, I'll get the TBN just because.