Bleed down fuel rail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought I would change the oil. Drained, pulled filter. Looking at the rear of engine, thought rear main leaking. Nope, time to up grade cooler to a Dorman. Normally, I would pull the fuel relay and start to relieve fuel pressure. No oil so no start. How do I relieve fuel pressure to remove fuel rail? Thank-you, Nick 2014 3.6

KevinInVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
The fuel rail does not need to be removed to replace the oil cooler. Leave it attached to the lower intake manifold and the whole assemble can be flipped upside down and moved to the driver side of the engine bay. You'll need to disconnect the electrical connectors from all 6 injectors and the 3 coils on the drivers sides. I just replaced my cooler a few weeks ago and this worked perfectly.

OP
OP
Nick14

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank-you Kevin, That was my first choice. But since I was in there replacing rubber seals, I am going to replace injector o-rings too. I am going to disconnect the hose at the rail. Nick