Blend door part number?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bloody_Knuckles

USN 81-86
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2004 Ram 1500 quad cab, 5.7 hemi, single zone heat control.

Does anyone know the Dodge part numbers for the blend door and recirc doors?

Do I need to get two blend doors for a single heat control system? It appears there might be a linkage between two doors that I can't see.

Also what is a good website to buy them from?

Third question, is it possible to replace the blend door without removing the air box? I've watched a few youtube videos but it isn't clear how they replaced the blend door. I certainly don't want to cut a hole in the air box and patch it with speed tape like some repair kits do.

Last edited:

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2004 Ram 1500 quad cab, 5.7 hemi, single zone heat control.

Does anyone know the Dodge part numbers for the blend door and recirc doors?

Do I need to get two blend doors for a single heat control system? It appears there might be a linkage between two doors that I can't see.

Also what is a good website to buy them from?

Third question, is it possible to replace the blend door without removing the air box? I've watched a few youtube videos but it isn't clear how they replaced the blend door. I certainly don't want to cut a hole in the air box and patch it with speed tape like some repair kits do.

Mopar Blend Door for Single Zone ATC from www.moparpartsinc.com

5073992AA

Mopar Recirc Door Housing with Actuator

68004226AD

I get the Recirc Housing from my local dealers for under $50.00

Please do not cut into the HVAC housing to repair the blend door. Take your time to do it the correct way and you will have a longer, happier service life.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mopar Blend Door for Single Zone ATC from www.moparpartsinc.com

5073992AA

Mopar Recirc Door Housing with Actuator

68004226AD

I get the Recirc Housing from my local dealers for under $50.00

Please do not cut into the HVAC housing to repair the blend door. Take your time to do it the correct way and you will have a longer, happier service life.

Do I need two blend doors?

Don't confuse the two, blend door is for temp, recirc door is for inside or outside air, two different locations, two different doors, both of which like to take a **** on you at inopportune times and are a royal pain in the **** to do anything about.....

OP
OP
Bloody_Knuckles

Bloody_Knuckles

USN 81-86
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Don't confuse the two, blend door is for temp, recirc door is for inside or outside air, two different locations, two different doors, both of which like to take a **** on you at inopportune times and are a royal pain in the **** to do anything about.....

On the parts diagram it appears that there is an upper and a lower blend door connected by a linkage. I'm pretty sure that the upper door is broken, but I'm unsure about the lower. From what I've read, it's the upper door that breaks but not the lower. Am I correct in that?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On the parts diagram it appears that there is an upper and a lower blend door connected by a linkage. I'm pretty sure that the upper door is broken, but I'm unsure about the lower. From what I've read, it's the upper door that breaks but not the lower. Am I correct in that?

If you have a Single Zone Automatic Temperature Control system, you have a blend door, recirc door, mode door and a defrost door. If you pull the HVAC housing out and inspect it, you will find the defrost door assembly on the top of the case on the left. The recirc is on the top case on the right .

If you split the cases you will find the blend door sub-assembly in the lower housing.