Blind Luck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
So, I'm in Tennessee today checking on my mom and dad. Jumped in my daily driver, a 2013 GMC Terrain Denali, with 111k on it, to run down to Mt. Juliet, to pickup so gravel for flower beds.

Driving down Lebanon road and caught a glimpse of a sport hood out of the corner of my eye.

Thought to myself, what the hell was that. Whipped around the block and pulled in to this Small car lot with may be 10 cars.

Sure enough, sitting in the back, covered in dust, a black two door, two wheel drive 1500 RT.

I get out. Look around, it appears lowered but since one tire is flat who can tell. Got 22s on it factory stock. I look, its got red calipers, I open the door, it's got the knob look at the fenders, hemi badges. Huh, I say to myself, wonder how many miles. Look around for someone to get the keys. Walk in, guy is eating his lunch. Tell him, want to look at the black truck, he says, keys on the wall there, let me know what you think.

I think. This is definitely low pressure sales.

Walk out, cut the truck on, see the miles, get out, look at the door jam yup 2014.
41, 342 miles.

Pop the hood, look, think. WTF. Walk back start the truck it's silky smooth.

Cut the truck off. Walk in, ask the guy, what you want for it. He tells me, I say you take trades ins, yup he says.

One hour later. A quick run to the bank and Viola,

PXL_20201121_222643120.MP.jpg

OP
OP
Bigskyroadglide

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Clean carfax, 2 owner, 1st owner has for 36K miles, 2 nd owner bought from first, did a bunch of mods, then passed away from covid-19. Wife sold truck to dealer, dealer knew intake had been changed as the old one was included with the sale complete with all fuel rails and other parts but had ZERO clue it had a super charger.

I also stopped and bought lottery tickets on the way home. You never know

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Clean carfax, 2 owner, 1st owner has for 36K miles, 2 nd owner bought from first, did a bunch of mods, then passed away from covid-19. Wife sold truck to dealer, dealer knew intake had been changed as the old one was included with the sale complete with all fuel rails and other parts but had ZERO clue it had a super charger.

I also stopped and bought lottery tickets on the way home. You never know

You have some next level luck there my friend. I would’ve driven right by it or broken down beside it and still wouldn’t have noticed it, lol.

It looks to be in mint condition too, amazing truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
You sure about the gears? R/T had 4.10 unless it was regeared.

OP
OP
Bigskyroadglide

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Pulled the VIN decoder. Says 3.92. all the other items on the decoder check out so I'm thinking it is 3.92. I have not counted teeth on the ring gear

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
SPEECHLESS !!!

Sounds WAY WAY to good to be true !!

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW! Awesome find! So do you need new tires yet?

Sent from my LG-V60 using Tapatalk.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
That would spoil the fun
Let's just say less than you think, more than I intended. But with the trade in, it was 4 digits, not 5, not counting taxes or fees, which should be similar for most

What dealer? I am in Hendersonville.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Edelbrock stage 1supercharger

RT model
Leather
Big radio
3.92 gears, limited slip.

I'm a happy camper

Wow, great find!!! Good on you for whipping around to see whats what!
4 digits is great, even with the trade!
Congratz man...pays to do the scooby doo arrrhoooo when seeing something that catches your eye!!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ah, did not know that.

To bad FCA didn't stick the early 14-16 SRT Jeep high stall convertor in the trucks,as the 6.4 SRT Jeeps had a higher stall 8 speed convertor,and it would of been a hell'va convertor to have in the 8 speed R/T's