Blind Luck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigskyroadglide

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Thank you for the photos and information. I'll check this out tomorrow.

I see from the photos you have what appears to be the core 4x4 adjustable panhard bar, hellwig sway bar ( is that the 1500 bar or the 2500 bar?) and the relocated brackets, in addition to bags Did it take all three pieces to get handling back?

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank you for the photos and information. I'll check this out tomorrow.

I see from the photos you have what appears to be the core 4x4 adjustable panhard bar, hellwig sway bar ( is that the 1500 bar or the 2500 bar?) and the relocated brackets, in addition to bags Did it take all three pieces to get handling back?

Are you referring to my truck?? If so,it has the earlier "cut" style Illicit relocation brackets,the panhard bar was made by a local shop called Cutter-up Performance in Calgary Alberta.My issues were more wheelhop,the truck never did have any high speed "sway" issues,but i had killer wheel hop once the truck was running low 12's.The relocation brackets totally cured my wheel hop issues,and you can drive it with one hand at 145+ mph,i hang around the Challenger guys,so i've had to prove the little truck will keep up,lol.The highest i've had the truck to is 153mph on gps,it might of had enough to make it to 155,but i chickened out,as telephone poles were going by like a picket fence,lol.The bags are for the dragstrip,as i run roughly 7psi in the drivers side bag,and 10 to 11psi in the pass side bag to combat axle lift on the pass side.Trucks more built to go straight ahead,although i do run it fairly hard on mountain roads (only an hour to the mountains from my front door),and it handles pretty decently even with out a front swaybar.It's also a 4X4 so it doesn't have the same driveshaft your little regular cab shortbox has.The 4X4 8 speed shortboxes still use a normal style driveshaft with a slip yoke into the transfer case.

DSCN5293 (2).JPG

OP
OP
Bigskyroadglide

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Thank you for the explanation. I'm more of a handling guy than straight line so I was wondering. After getting my bags in this weekend, my optimal is 9 lbs left and 7 lbs right. I guess it's offsetting the fuel weight on the left to be level in the back.

I looked at drilling a new spot to level the panhard bar. Since I ordered the bell tech bracket, I think I'm going to try it before drilling. I measured my rear wheel offset today, it appears I'm anywhere from 1/4 to 3/8 shifted to the right. So if the bracket doesn't fix the offset then I will need to get an adjustable pan hard bar.

I'm not experiencing any wheel hop, just sway in corners and with bridge transitions, especially those metal expansion joints. I'm guessing a hellwig might be in my future as well.

Thank you for your help

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank you for the explanation. I'm more of a handling guy than straight line so I was wondering. After getting my bags in this weekend, my optimal is 9 lbs left and 7 lbs right. I guess it's offsetting the fuel weight on the left to be level in the back.

I looked at drilling a new spot to level the panhard bar. Since I ordered the bell tech bracket, I think I'm going to try it before drilling. I measured my rear wheel offset today, it appears I'm anywhere from 1/4 to 3/8 shifted to the right. So if the bracket doesn't fix the offset then I will need to get an adjustable pan hard bar.

I'm not experiencing any wheel hop, just sway in corners and with bridge transitions, especially those metal expansion joints. I'm guessing a hellwig might be in my future as well.

Thank you for your help

It took a little fine tuning to get it sitting level,lol. I tried Mcgauphies and Belltechs lowering springs,and didn't care for either set of lowering springs,so i went back to the same set-up i had in my old 13 regular cab,and that is cut down factory R/T springs. They give me the best ride and the best launch at the dragstrip,but i spent some time cutting them down to get the truck to sit level on the rear.Check your front measurements,as the front can effect how the rear sits if it's not level to.

OP
OP
Bigskyroadglide

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
It took a little fine tuning to get it sitting level,lol. I tried Mcgauphies and Belltechs lowering springs,and didn't care for either set of lowering springs,so i went back to the same set-up i had in my old 13 regular cab,and that is cut down factory R/T springs. They give me the best ride and the best launch at the dragstrip,but i spent some time cutting them down to get the truck to sit level on the rear.Check your front measurements,as the front can effect how the rear sits if it's not level to.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out as well.

NWhunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk