Blind Spot Detection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsd1212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up my 2021 1500 Ram Laramie. Coming from a 2019 Bighorn This thing is pretty loaded and I am excited about this truck. It has the Panoramic Sunroof, 12" Ucconnect, Sport Appearance Package, Off Road Group and most other Laramie Options. I thought I had done my research and had gone over everything with the dealer but as I'm driving home I notice NO Blind Spot Detection. I thought this was interesting since I figured the truck had most everything. This is not a deal breaker for me and I am going to keep the truck. Just curious if anyone else has a semi loaded truck that doesn't have this feature? would this be a deal breaker for you? Anyone know if this is something that can be added at a later time? Thanks

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I have a longhorn limited, 21 model. It came as is, off dealer lot and it has that feature. I didn’t need it, didn’t want it, but it’s there and I love it! Very good system on Rams……I should think you could add, but probably costly. Does it have surround camera?

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
Due to the computer chip shortage, Ram changed the option packages from Level 1 and Level 2 to Level (Group) A and Level (Group) B in the later 2021 models. Neither Laramie Group A or B have Blind-Spot Monitoring. To get Blind-Spot Monitoring on a 2021 Laramie, you would need one of the Level 1 or Level 2 trucks that was built early in the 2021 production run. That's what I have. Here's a breakdown for the Laramie.

1629986662078.png

Here are the groups:

Laramie Level 1 Equipment Package (P1) (A66) - Includes Auto High-Beam Headlamp Control, rain-sensing windshield wipers, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Path and Trailer Detection, foam bottle inserts (front doors only), tailgate-ajar switch, power-release tailgate, 60/40 stadium-folding rear bench with manual recline and center 20-percent fold-down console (not available with Quad Cab®), and ParkSense Front and Rear Park Assist with Rear ParkSense Stop.

Laramie Level 2 Equipment Package (P2) (A67) - Includes P1 Equipment Package, Uconnect 4C NAV, wireless charging pad (available with bucket seats only), premium plus sound system, heated rear seat (three adjustment levels each) and rear underseat storage (Crew Cab models only)

Laramie Level A Equipment Group (A76) - Includes: Auto high beam headlamp control; Foam bottle insert (door trim panel); Parksense front/rear park assist with stop; Rain sensitive windshield wipers; Remote tailgate release; Rear 60/40 folding slip recline seat; Tailgate ajar warning lamp.

Laramie Level B Equipment Group (A77) - Includes: Auto high beam headlamp control; Foam bottle insert (door trim panel); Parksense front/rear park assist with stop; Rain sensitive windshield wipers; Remote tailgate release; Rear 60/40 folding slip recline seat; Tailgate ajar warning lamp; 19 speakers Harman Kardon Premium sound; 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot; Disassociated Touchscreen Display; GPS Navigation; HD Radio; Heated Second Row Seats; Rear Underseat Compartment Storage; SiriusXM Guardian, 1-Year Trial; SiriusXM Traffic Plus, 5-Year SiriusXM Traffic Service; SiriusXM Travel Link, 5-Year Siriusxm Travel Link Service; Uconnect 4C Nav With 8.4" Display.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsd1212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a longhorn limited, 21 model. It came as is, off dealer lot and it has that feature. I didn’t need it, didn’t want it, but it’s there and I love it! Very good system on Rams……I should think you could add, but probably costly. Does it have surround camera?
Does not have Surround Camera. Like I said, it is not a deal breaker, but will take a little getting used to. And I agree it is a very good system on the Rams.

OP
OP
D

dsd1212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Due to the computer chip shortage, Ram changed the option packages from Level 1 and Level 2 to Level (Group) A and Level (Group) B in the later 2021 models. Neither Laramie Group A or B have Blind-Spot Monitoring. To get Blind-Spot Monitoring on a 2021 Laramie, you would need one of the Level 1 or Level 2 trucks that was built early in the 2021 production run. That's what I have. Here's a breakdown for the Laramie.

View attachment 468959

Here are the groups:

Laramie Level 1 Equipment Package (P1) (A66) - Includes Auto High-Beam Headlamp Control, rain-sensing windshield wipers, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Path and Trailer Detection, foam bottle inserts (front doors only), tailgate-ajar switch, power-release tailgate, 60/40 stadium-folding rear bench with manual recline and center 20-percent fold-down console (not available with Quad Cab®), and ParkSense Front and Rear Park Assist with Rear ParkSense Stop.

Laramie Level 2 Equipment Package (P2) (A67) - Includes P1 Equipment Package, Uconnect 4C NAV, wireless charging pad (available with bucket seats only), premium plus sound system, heated rear seat (three adjustment levels each) and rear underseat storage (Crew Cab models only)

Laramie Level A Equipment Group (A76) - Includes: Auto high beam headlamp control; Foam bottle insert (door trim panel); Parksense front/rear park assist with stop; Rain sensitive windshield wipers; Remote tailgate release; Rear 60/40 folding slip recline seat; Tailgate ajar warning lamp.

Laramie Level B Equipment Group (A77) - Includes: Auto high beam headlamp control; Foam bottle insert (door trim panel); Parksense front/rear park assist with stop; Rain sensitive windshield wipers; Remote tailgate release; Rear 60/40 folding slip recline seat; Tailgate ajar warning lamp; 19 speakers Harman Kardon Premium sound; 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot; Disassociated Touchscreen Display; GPS Navigation; HD Radio; Heated Second Row Seats; Rear Underseat Compartment Storage; SiriusXM Guardian, 1-Year Trial; SiriusXM Traffic Plus, 5-Year SiriusXM Traffic Service; SiriusXM Travel Link, 5-Year Siriusxm Travel Link Service; Uconnect 4C Nav With 8.4" Display.
Thanks for the Info. I do have the Laramie Level B and like I said it is pretty loaded as it also has the Panoramic Sunroof, 12" Uconnect, and Harmon Kardon System. Very Happy with all the other options. Just need to get used to actually using my mirrors again instead of relying on Blind Spot Detection.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Congrats on your new truck! Don't you know it's customary to include pics when you make that kind of announcement? :p

Now for my PSA: You should always use your mirrors, even with BSM. Never rely on tech to replace good driving habits.

I have BSM on my Limited. It's a nice toy, but it's not something I would even miss if it stopped working today. Keep in mind I don't do much multi-lane driving, where BSM would be the most useful. I also don't tow anything so the trailering aspect of BSM is wasted with my truck. I'd sell it off if I could easily do that. But it will probably make my truck worth more if/when I decide to trade it in.

The surround view camera is not a replacement for BSM since you can't even use it when driving at speed.

OP
OP
D

dsd1212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on your new truck! Don't you know it's customary to include pics when you make that kind of announcement? :p

Now for my PSA: You should always use your mirrors, even with BSM. Never rely on tech to replace good driving habits.

I have BSM on my Limited. It's a nice toy, but it's not something I would even miss if it stopped working today. Keep in mind I don't do much multi-lane driving, where BSM would be the most useful. I also don't tow anything so the trailering aspect of BSM is wasted with my truck. I'd sell it off if I could easily do that. But it will probably make my truck worth more if/when I decide to trade it in.

The surround view camera is not a replacement for BSM since you can't even use it when driving at speed.
Yes, I should know better :cool:

Attachments

• 53D920CF-5874-4A72-9876-3D2045FEF9C3.jpg
    53D920CF-5874-4A72-9876-3D2045FEF9C3.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 13

Dmccoy1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I picked up my 2021 1500 Ram Laramie. Coming from a 2019 Bighorn This thing is pretty loaded and I am excited about this truck. It has the Panoramic Sunroof, 12" Ucconnect, Sport Appearance Package, Off Road Group and most other Laramie Options. I thought I had done my research and had gone over everything with the dealer but as I'm driving home I notice NO Blind Spot Detection. I thought this was interesting since I figured the truck had most everything. This is not a deal breaker for me and I am going to keep the truck. Just curious if anyone else has a semi loaded truck that doesn't have this feature? would this be a deal breaker for you? Anyone know if this is something that can be added at a later time? Thanks
I have a 2016 ram rebel that doesn't have it but this truck is loaded with alot the new trucks offer as a package

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have 4th gen 2011 and have always used 3-3/4” adhesive backed convex spot mirrors that I buy off Amazon. $5 and They work great. Just saying that is an option due to current option packages changing on new vehicles due to the chip shortage

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine

View attachment 468959

Here are the groups:

This is spot on. When I ordered my 2021 Laramie 2500, even on a factory order I could not get the Blind Spot detection. I have it on the Grande Cherokee and would have really liked to have it on the truck, but no dice. Adding it now would be a big dollar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963