Blind spot on side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fsClovis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2017 Express 1500. It came with plain motorized side mirrors. My biggest problem with them is the huge blind spot. Some of the trucks come with the split mirror that gives you a much better view. Do any of you have any suggestions for addressing this?
Can you replace the mirror lens with a split one? Are they available?

I know you can buy the stick-on kind, but I was hoping for something that looks better.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Hmmmm could you change out the Express mirror head for a Tradesman or SLT head with the split mirrors. Don't know. I would go to my dealer, parts guy and a well established body shop. Randy at Clovis JCR has been helpful with my RAM projects. He may tell you that yes you can but you need to buy the entire mirror module. Would be great to know how you resolved this. Fitz

Last edited:

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wadestar (Vendor here and Amazon) makes a stick on blind spot mirror that fits perfectly contoured in upper or lower portion of the side mirror. Not a perfect solution but definitely more helpful than nothing and way cheaper than a full mirror swap.

OP
OP
F

fsClovis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks #crazykid1994 that's exactly what I was looking for, can you remove the old mirror or do you have break it?

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Just tilt the glass down as far as it goes and it pulls off,feels like its going to break but it yanks off and then just unplug heated mirror.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I had to use a flat blade screwdriver to pop the top 2 tabs but yea it comes out easy. Look in my build thread. It should be towards the last 2 pages.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have a 2017 Express 1500. It came with plain motorized side mirrors. My biggest problem with them is the huge blind spot.
If you think there's a blind spot with standard OEM mirrors, you don't have them adjusted correctly.
With you head up against the headrest, set the mirrors where you just barely see the rear wheel well on the inside edge of the mirror. Moving your head forward you can see the lane(s) next to you.
Scarily there's lots of people that don't know how to use their mirrors.