Blinking E-Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Hey guys, need a bit of help here. So the last time I used my truck was about a week and half ago. When I used it everything was working fine. Then this morning I go to warm up my truck to go to work and notice my E-Brake light is flashing in my ( '03 Ram 1500 4.7 ). Thinking it was an electrical glitch, I turned the truck off and then back on hoping it would clear the issue, but nope. Now I can't seem to figure out what's causing the E-Brake light to blink. I've tried repeatedly pushing the E-Brake down part way then pulling up on the foot pedal and pulling the release at the same time thinking it wasn't all the way up, but again nothing. Light still blinks in a consistent pattern.

So I'm not quite sure what to try next. If anyone can't point me in the right direction that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
I had the same thing happen on a few occasions with a chevy dually I had of the same era as your ram. I had to physically crawl under the truck and tug back and forth on the E-brake cable...On the chevys it was routed along the D.S. frame to the left rear brake

OP
OP
Rambling

Rambling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Thanks for the reply. But I don't think the cable is the problem seeing I don't use the parking brake cause it's not connected at the back end. And what's strange is that it wasn't blinking the last time I used the truck. Which was about a week and a half ago. Why it would just start blinking after the truck sat for that period of time is very strange. Anyhow, I'm open to any other suggestions if anyone can offer any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 03 did it it was the plug that goes to master cylinder tge locking clip broke and slide out alittle or it can be low brake fluid

Jld3010

Reaction score
Ram Year
1994 ram 2500
Engine
I have a 07 ram 2500 the e brake light has been stuck on for some time . Had it at dodge dealer and they ran test on it. Came back code C1008 and code C1009 “brake hi/lo fluid master cylinder reservoir bad sensor. I changed the reservoir because sensor is built into reservoir. No change light still on . Still looking for possible reasons or what to check next .
E brake is fully released and have pulled up on Ebrake pedal to make sure it’s fully released. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I also had that in my 03 2509, it was the ABS and I am scratching my head trying to remember what it was, but was a simple fix. You only have rear ABS I believe, it might be a fuse or the rear sensor. Google the rear ABS on ram trucks and you should find something. Sorry I don't remember exactly.