Blue LED Interior...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So, I thought there was a thread on these but I can't find it now. After watching CustomBlackGuns and Boosted's youtube videos on interior LED's, I though the blue looked good so figured I would give them a try. I actually wound up using two brands - CustomBlack recommended the Sylvania Zevo bulbs, but did wind up with an issue with using them to replace the license plate lights (white), and Boosted found LASFIT canbus 194's at Amazon for a decent price and didn't have any errors.

So, I went with the Lasfit 194 bulbs as they were canbus, non-polarity, and a bit less money. Picked up four whites for the cargo lamp/license plate lamp, and 4 blue 194's for the interior. But, Lasfit didn't have the dome light in blue, so I grabbed the Sylvania Zevo blue 578 bulb.

Everything popped in OK - one of the lasfit blue bulbs snapped off at the top though - not sure how, it was in and working fine when I was done, but when I went back out to the truck later the head was laying on the floormat. Could have just been a weak connection or I flexed it too much installing and it fell when I shut the door... not sure. Anyway I ordered a another set and will just have a spare I guess.

They are bright...much brighter than I expected. Almost too bright, but I'm going to give it a few days and see how they do. They do look cool though.

The whites worked out great on the exterior - you can really tell the difference there as well. Here's a few pics, hard to get a good pick of the whites since they blind the camera almost lol...

qDmar3el.jpg

0BLpnbTl.jpg

Updated links... (These are available at Auto Zone as well, except for the Lasfits)
Overheads - Sylvania 194 Blue
Rear Dome - Sylvania ZEVO 578 Blue
Footwell - Sylvania Zevo 194 Blue
LASFIT Canbus 194 White Backup & License

Last edited:

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So, I thought there was a thread on these but I can't find it now. After watching CustomBlackGuns and Boosted's youtube videos on interior LED's, I though the blue looked good so figured I would give them a try. I actually wound up using two brands - CustomBlack recommended the Sylvania Zevo bulbs, but did wind up with an issue with using them to replace the license plate lights (white), and Boosted found LASFIT canbus 194's at Amazon for a decent price and didn't have any errors.

So, I went with the Lasfit 194 bulbs as they were canbus, non-polarity, and a bit less money. Picked up four whites for the cargo lamp/license plate lamp, and 4 blue 194's for the interior. But, Lasfit didn't have the dome light in blue, so I grabbed the Sylvania Zevo blue 578 bulb.

Everything popped in OK - one of the lasfit blue bulbs snapped off at the top though - not sure how, it was in and working fine when I was done, but when I went back out to the truck later the head was laying on the floormat. Could have just been a weak connection or I flexed it too much installing and it fell when I shut the door... not sure. Anyway I ordered a another set and will just have a spare I guess.

They are bright...much brighter than I expected. Almost too bright, but I'm going to give it a few days and see how they do. They do look cool though.

The whites worked out great on the exterior - you can really tell the difference there as well. Here's a few pics, hard to get a good pick of the whites since they blind the camera almost lol...

gRAsZITl.png

0BLpnbTl.jpg

links...
Amazon LASFIT 194 Blue

Amazon LASFIT 194 White

Amazon Sylvania Zevo 578 Blue

I found my lasfit bulbs for my license plate flicker when displayed on my screen through the backup camera and only during daylight, its kinda weird lol.

OP
OP
78Staff

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I found my lasfit bulbs for my license plate flicker when displayed on my screen through the backup camera and only during daylight, its kinda weird lol.

I noticed that as well today, it kinda threw me. I blocked the truck and went behind and looked and they aren't actually flickering, so it must be something with the camera scan resolution maybe.

OP
OP
78Staff

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I swapped the overheads to the Sylvania Zevo blues, which are a little less bright (but only slightly, or maybe it's just my imagination lol). But they are easier to install since they have the typical bulb shape vs the exposed led disk of the LASFIT. Also one of the LASFIT's in the floorwell was flickering, so I swapped it out with one that I pulled out of the overhead.

So that's two of four of the LASFIT Blue bulbs I've had issues with. The white ones in the Cargo and License lamps I've had no issue with though.

OP
OP
78Staff

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
One more change, I changed the overheads to the Non-Zevo Sylvania Blue LED 194's. They are a bit less brighter still than the Zevo's, which works better imo in the overheads.

As stated earlier I've had two issues with the Blue Canbus LASFIT 194's. I will probably swap the footwells with the Zevo 194B's I pulled from the overhead and just send all the Blue LasFits back to Amazon. The white Canbus Lasfit have been fine on the exterior though.

I've put updated links in the OP for the bulbs.

qDmar3el.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
78Staff

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah I am liking it more and more, and everyone who gets in my truck asks about them too.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll be honest i saw gunz video and copied him as well. No regrets, would do it again

IIll

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blue looks great, I bought some random rgb ones on eBay that I've had on for over a year so I can change the color whenever I want. Only problem is the white isn't white, it's the rainbow white you get from most rgb lights, and I can't find an rgb dome light to match, so even if I change the color on the map lights, I'm stuck with the blue dome light but ‍♂️

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
Does anyone anticipate an issue with blue lights causing a conflict with exclusive use of blue by police?

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
As long as the lights aren't flashing, I don't think they can do much against accessory lighting. Of course you will always have that one Barney Fife who is going to give you grief, but in general I think the police have given up on the colored light battle...

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love my blue interior lights but mine make people look pretty interesting with blue face lol

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to take away from this thread, all blue and what not, but the 194s are the correct for the interior (rear) dome and map lights?

I'm looking to upgrade, but not necessarily to blue.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

baldpope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Seems like KustomBlack Gunz is a popular youtuber around here :)

I also went blue, I'll upload some pictures later. I bought these and were direct fits without any fuss:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B018ACFEBE
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B013SW3P8K

The bulbs were fairly easy to replace. I also used the 194s for the foot well accessory lights. The wiring is already there, you just need to get the socket and install them. The accessory add on is Mopar 68305400A and can be found on eBay and other sellers for about $15 - $20. KBG cheats in his install video and is able to pull down the fabric board on the passenger side in order to do the install. I opted for the plastic pry tool and just pulled the fabric board out and completed the install. All in, probably a half hour job. Was pleased with the results.