Bluetooth adapter for factory 2003 with Aux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

areinike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, all! I don't think I'm new, just don't remember my original username so I guess it's been a while. So anywho, I have a 2003 RAM with factor CD AM FM with AUX head unit. I remember adapters that let me plug in via 3.5 audio cable, but since had replaced it with a Chinese radio that actually worked for years, but now it's failing and was thinking of installing the original back in and hope that maybe there is a bluetooth adapter that I can add that plugs into the AUX port in the back of the unit. Is there such a thing and if so, what would you all recommend?

Thanks for the help!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can't help you there, I went with an Android unit that has it (and backup cam).

OP
OP
A

areinike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ended up just getting the GROM see what happens :)

JC4041

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use a BT/FM transmitter in my '09.

OP
OP
A

areinike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ended up just getting the GROM. A little pricey but cheaper than getting another head unit. I never used NAV on the Chinese radio anyway lol. Thats what phones are for haha.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That looks nice!
I will admit it was pricey but was worth it for me for it's features and how well it integrates (most aftermarket head units won't work with the stock Infinity sound system) both electronically and the dash opening.

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
The way I have the factory stereo setup in my 2003 Ram, is by using a iSIMPLE PXDP/PXHCH3 with DIP switches 4 and 8 switched down. The rest are switched up. Then I just attach an iPod-to-bluetooth adapter on the end. The factory stereo recognizes this as an outboard CD changer and works flawlessly on most oval faced stereos, except for the ones that have the built-in CD charger. While you can plug this ISIMPLE PXDP adapter directly into the rectangular port on the back of the stereo, I have mine run through an OEM multiplexer, so I can have both SiriusXM and bluetooth.

I had exactly the same setup in a 2005 PT Cruiser GT. Here's a video showing how it works, from back in the day. Also, I prefer the RAZ factory head units. In my opinion, these are the best of the common types. And you can pick almost any of the oval face radios up at a salvage yard for around $20, if they have plenty of early to mid 2000 Mopars. The multiplexer only came in the Pacifica, as far as I can tell. But works the same in the Dodge Rams of the same era. One more tip, cut the purple PCI wire in the radio harness. It will mess up many aftermarket components, and you don't need it except for the splash screen on the RB1 stereo head.

Last edited: