Bluetooth backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jvander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a feature that should exist.

You should be able to pair a Bluetooth camera (connected to your travel trailer) and have it displayed on the factory screen. All the hardware is there. When the truck detects a trailer plugged in it should automatically pair with the Bluetooth camera and display that instead.

While they're adding that feature, here's another easy one. The truck knows if someone is sitting in the passenger seat. Why is the navigation keyboard still locked out if there is a passenger in the seat able to do the typing?

Siff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the bluetooth in the truck able to play video? I was under the impression that it only takes in audio and control commands such as play/pause/answer/send text.

On the other hand, the USB is definitely able to send video, so that might be a better route; perhaps you can even already get a camera that connects via bluetooth to your phone and then can play on the factory screen through Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

Keep in mind that the truck is NOT capable of Android Auto or Apple Carplay over bluetooth, which makes me think the truck bluetooth hardware doesn't have the bandwidth to support video.

The keyboard is actually some sort of government regulation; I don't know if it is federal or just state, but even if a single state requires it then it is cheaper to make the software the same for all states and restrict it across the board. Again, most of the things you would normally need to type are better achieved through Android Auto or Apple Carplay anyway, which the passenger can do directly on the phone connected to the screen. Besides, if you could just put a 30 lb weight on the passenger seat to bypass all restrictions, everyone would do it and drivers could freely type while driving solo.