Bluetooth CD Player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wthomson42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a new 2022 Ram 1500 with the 8.4" uconnect system. As a troglodyte, I also have a boatload of CDs that I like to listen to while driving. Can anybody recommend a specific bluetooth portable CD player so I can play my beloved CDs through the uconnect system?

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have been looking for a quality BT or USB option as well, and been ridiculed because of it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Rip your CDs over to MP3 or one of the other various formats supported by the radio. You can probably fit your entire CD collection on a single USB drive then your entire collection is at your fingertips without having to deal with the disks.
There's no reason to use antiquated technology like a CD player in a modern vehicle.

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Rip your CDs over to MP3 or one of the other various formats supported by the radio. You can probably fit your entire CD collection on a single USB drive then your entire collection is at your fingertips without having to deal with the disks.
There's no reason to use antiquated technology like a CD player in a modern vehicle.
1. The sheer quantity of CDs I own makes ripping the files a very long and arduous process.
2. Of course there's a reason, but it's one that you obviously wouldn't understand. ;-)

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I bought a simple player from Amazon that plugged into my audio port and works well. Controls on unconnect work on screen. Nothing fancy, cost less than $70 if I remember correctly. Not blue tooth tho, sorry!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
1. The sheer quantity of CDs I own makes ripping the files a very long and arduous process.
2. Of course there's a reason, but it's one that you obviously wouldn't understand. ;-)
It takes less than 5 minutes to rip a CD into MP3 and they automatically get organized by artists, album, etc. so your excuse it would take too long doesn't hold much water.
I could imagine what your reason is and if it's what I think it is then it's a sad excuse to borderline ignorance.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
While I'm a fan of ripping CDs to a FLAC codec audio file, I understand it is not for everyone. It's a time issue and I get it. I spent a lot of time ripping my CDs. But the portability and having my entire music collection on a USB memory stick was a real game changer.

Having said that, and I do highly recommend ripping CDs, I would say skip an BT enable unit and go with one that has an auxiliary output, such as 3.5mm RCA/headphone or USB. You can plug them right into the head unit. The added benefit of using one with a USB output is that most will also charge when plugged into the USB so replacing batteries is not an issue.

Honestly, I'd say rip 'em but if not find one that physically connects to the head unit for best sound quality and convenience.

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
I'm probably gonna make a few enemies here, but I've gotta throw my two cents worth in.

If the man wants to have a CD player in his vehicle, then why shouldn't he have one? Lots of people still like listening to their music through CD.s. I personally prefer having my music on a USB stick but my wife likes using the CD player. And neither one of us like listening to the crap on the radio.

It's a little bit like I like my Billet Silver colored truck but somebody else might prefer Red or Blue or Black or any other color. I kind of thought that was why they made different colored vehicles. So that people could choose what they prefer. Why should everybody else have to like the same thing that I do?

Also, a lot of people don't feel that comfortable with computers and USB sticks and all that goes with it. So again, if the man wants a CD player, why not offer suggestions on where to get one and how to set it up, rather than shoot him down because he is more comfortable with older technology. There is nothing wrong with explaining or suggesting a different way to do something. I'm just saying that it's not a question of right or wrong. And one way is not necessarily better than the other.

And I don't think wthomson42 is the slightest bit ignorant.

OP
OP
W

wthomson42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, I have a Stanford PhD in Mathematical Psychology, and have been working with computers since 1962 (remember shifting registers to add two numbers in less than 10 steps? No?)
I just have a nice collection of CDs that I would like to listen to with the least effort possible....

OP
OP
W

wthomson42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to that extensive Stanford education (;-), I was able to solve my problem in 15 minutes for $45.90 with an "Oakcastle CD100 Rechargeable Bluetooth CD player". I plugged in the USB cord for power, and attached the AUX cord to the Ram's AUX input. Unfortunately, I was unable to connect via Bluetooth; maybe a Berkeley post-doc would help with that. And I found the Ram bed to be large enough to house my entire CD collection!

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I bought a simple player from Amazon that plugged into my audio port and works well. Controls on unconnect work on screen. Nothing fancy, cost less than $70 if I remember correctly. Not blue tooth tho, sorry!
Do you have the info on which one it is?

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
you heard him boys,junk those ham and cb radios.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm probably gonna make a few enemies here, but I've gotta throw my two cents worth in.

If the man wants to have a CD player in his vehicle, then why shouldn't he have one? Lots of people still like listening to their music through CD.s. I personally prefer having my music on a USB stick but my wife likes using the CD player. And neither one of us like listening to the crap on the radio.

It's a little bit like I like my Billet Silver colored truck but somebody else might prefer Red or Blue or Black or any other color. I kind of thought that was why they made different colored vehicles. So that people could choose what they prefer. Why should everybody else have to like the same thing that I do?

Also, a lot of people don't feel that comfortable with computers and USB sticks and all that goes with it. So again, if the man wants a CD player, why not offer suggestions on where to get one and how to set it up, rather than shoot him down because he is more comfortable with older technology. There is nothing wrong with explaining or suggesting a different way to do something. I'm just saying that it's not a question of right or wrong. And one way is not necessarily better than the other.

HEY, BOIRD is a Unicorn, why? Because RAM put a Single CD Unit in MY 2019 DT Bighorn Truck, roflmao, and no I did not order it, it was in the truck stock when I bought off the lot in 2018.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, I have a Stanford PhD in Mathematical Psychology, and have been working with computers since 1962 (remember shifting registers to add two numbers in less than 10 steps? No?)
I just have a nice collection of CDs that I would like to listen to with the least effort possible....
HEY, do what makes U happy. Does that PHD === using a abacus? Slide rule? Hee hee, joke, (sic). Years ago when I told my kids I used a slide rule to do calcs they said? Wats' a slide rule? roflmao. Was just too hard to carry around a calculator 1/2 the size of an encyclopedia in those days.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to that extensive Stanford education (;-), I was able to solve my problem in 15 minutes for $45.90 with an "Oakcastle CD100 Rechargeable Bluetooth CD player". I plugged in the USB cord for power, and attached the AUX cord to the Ram's AUX input. Unfortunately, I was unable to connect via Bluetooth; maybe a Berkeley post-doc would help with that. And I found the Ram bed to be large enough to house my entire CD collection!

too funny !!!!!!! If that was just the only problem in the world today.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

ABout a year ago I told my older son, I needed to get a new Blueray DVD player, as my unit in the Living Room was giving up the ghost. He chewed me out telling me why? U can download and rip off the Internet. Well, he had to be edumacated. I live rural with a 3 mb DSL connection. Not gonna do a lot of downloading movies there, lol.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't know, my 8.4 radio worked with my flip phone, I am in the same boat, no CD or 8 track player, grandkid said I can put music on my new I phone, 8+ ,not likely. I am old enough to remember record players in cars. I do use sat. radio, and it is on my phone as well.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know, my 8.4 radio worked with my flip phone, I am in the same boat, no CD or 8 track player, grandkid said I can put music on my new I phone, 8+ ,not likely. I am old enough to remember record players in cars. I do use sat. radio, and it is on my phone as well.
Not remember a record player in a car, but 8 tracks, and the monster under the dash added AC units, and if U cranked them, U could almost get Snow coming out of them vents. If only RAM could improve the AC some, be nice.