Bluetooth connection issue with Pixel 6 and UConnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram 1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased the Google Pixel 6 and had the same issue with connectivity to their UConnect system.

It's an unusual problem: I have to keep the phone's charge wire unconnected while starting the truck. If I do, the phone will connect via Bluetooth to UConnect without a problem. Then, I can plug in the charge wire...and Android Auto will come up on screen, phone works properly, etc etc.

However: If I have the wire connected to the phone and start the truck, an unusual thing happens. The Pixel 6 phone will lose any memory of connecting to the UConnect system (verified by going into Bluetooth settings on the phone) and will not connect. The UConnect system still says it has paired with the Pixel 6 before and it's sitting on the list (but, of course, not connected). The only way to get them paired back up is to turn on airplane mode off-then-on and do a whole new 'pairing procedure' with the Pixel 6.

It is irritating that I have to constantly remember to unplug the phone if I stop at the gas station/Subway/Best Buy/etc, just so the bluetooth will re-connect to UConnect.

Anyone else have Pixel 6 and having this problem also?

Dchess

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I have a Pixel 6 Pro and have the exact same issue!!! Have you found a solution? Or brought it up to Google??

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think it is the last AA update in conjunction with the last Google Maps update. You used to be able to do your map destination work in the house, then plug your phone in and it would show up on screen. Now you have to reset your maps destination on the radio screen. Just another of the changes AA has messed up. The best thing to do is include that on one of the Pixel 6 forums like XDA, sometimes a root of the phone allows you to fix the problem and I have read Google engineers snoop around as well. I have P6P, noticed same thing.

depgrumpy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Same issues, I have contacted Ram directly and waiting for call back on Monday.. Will post any updates I get.

RichieW13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Pixel and periodically will just lose connection with the Uconnect momentarily. It's annoying if I'm using my phone for audio, as the audio will just cut out for a couple of seconds. It's also annoying when I'm NOT using audio, because the Uconnect screen will just go black for a couple seconds with a notification that the connection was lost.

It seems to work a little more reliably when the phone is NOT plugged in via USB, but I haven't fully isolated if that contributes to the problem yet.

Anybody having this problem and/or find a fix?
(My phone is fully updated.)