Bluetooth Music and Phone Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2021 BlackNight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2021 1500,
it has only been three months but I have noticed several things going wrong with the Bluetooth system.
One, paired phones drop out of pairing mode and intermittently will 'find' phone after minutes of dead air or music playing from the phone speaker.

The steering wheel control to activate voice command doesn't always work.
Phone calls occasionally do not hang up when pressing Call End button on display or wheel control.
Two different occasion now the music has got stuck on a particular note and continued skipping. Turning the radio off and even the engine did not stop the audio skip. Opening the door caused it to finally stop, only to begin where it left off when starting the truck again.

Dealer? Or is there a software hack update I could do.
Any help or advice is appreciated.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
I called uconnect on mine and there is a update that only the dealer can do. Mine is being done Monday. If you have nav, it is one and if not, it is a different one. It took 3 calls but the third one knoew something.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wifes new Jeep is heading in today for the update.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Picking it up in a bit, I will update with what they said.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So update was done. Still having the common speaker on driver side failure. Dealer said they couldn’t replicate it as always. Pull out and it’s doing it. Took a video of us sitting and moving the sound equalizer. Send it to our salesman as it’s brand new. I drove it straight back to the dealer and showed the service department. Now we get a diagnostic run. It doesn’t do it all the time, just sometimes. It was good the rest of the day and a 200 mile road trip. I love how not just dodge, but all dealerships do the same thing. We can’t replicate it. I had a transmission issue with an old cobalt ss. Dealer told me to blow it up. Really? Not sure how they work and I even sold cars at a Chevy dealership part time once in my life. I guess it’s a patch it over or put a band aid on it type mentality.