Body lift crush blocks to support bed, will they hold with some JB Weld?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get your jerry rigging hats on for this one boys... PA/Daystar body lifts include four crush blocks that sit between the bed and frame. I plan on hauling around 600 pounds in the very near future, can the blocks be JB-Welded between the bed and frame until I can get my hands on a welding machine? Or will I be fine with that much weight on just the 3'' body mount pucks?

Screenshot of what I'm referencing:
crushblocks.PNG

Last edited:

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why would you not wait until you get a welder, you can still load the 600lbs. In the bed as it is.

OP
OP
A

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need to haul something tomorrow and won’t have time to get to a shop or get a welder. If I’m good without the blocks for now, I will just wait until I can weld them in. Thanks :)

OP
OP
A

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To me JB weld is just a temporary fix (to get you home) until it can be done right.
Yup, that was the plan, toss them in with the JB while I haul tomorrow then get them welded when I have time.

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been rocking a body lift sans cush blocks and have had 1000 lb inflatables in the truck many times. Never had a problem.

OP
OP
A

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been rocking a body lift sans cush blocks and have had 1000 lb inflatables in the truck many times. Never had a problem.
You’re J-B and you didn’t even JB Weld? Hahaha. 1000 lbs is a lot more than what I’m hauling, that gives me a lot more peace of mind, thank you.

OP
OP
A

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:happy175::happy175: While I've got you here puking, do Fox 2.0s come set to 0'' of lift out of the box? My Zone 6'' + Fox 2.0 just arrived this morning (thanks Nick!), should I leave them as is if I want just 5''?

Turns out the body lift was perfectly fine and I got my bike and gear to the track without the bed falling off. Crush blocks are getting welded in whenever I have time to put the Zone lift on though.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
:happy175::happy175: While I've got you here puking, do Fox 2.0s come set to 0'' of lift out of the box? My Zone 6'' + Fox 2.0 just arrived this morning (thanks Nick!), should I leave them as is if I want just 5''?

Turns out the body lift was perfectly fine and I got my bike and gear to the track without the bed falling off. Crush blocks are getting welded in whenever I have time to put the Zone lift on though.
Fox 2.0’s come pre set at +2” they have to be compressed to turn them down. You will want to turn them 12 full turns each and let them settle the last 1/2”. It will take a week or to for them to settle so be patient.

Go through the zone lift they have been really terrible lately with missing hardware, and parts. Or lay out all the parts and take a picture

OP
OP
A

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fox 2.0’s come pre set at +2” they have to be compressed to turn them down. You will want to turn them 12 full turns each and let them settle the last 1/2”. It will take a week or to for them to settle so be patient.

Go through the zone lift they have been really terrible lately with missing hardware, and parts. Or lay out all the parts and take a picture
Perfect, glad I asked. And thank you for the heads up on the hardware as well, I'll double check everything.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Perfect, glad I asked. And thank you for the heads up on the hardware as well, I'll double check everything.
Out of the last 5 kits 3 had misc. missing parts/hardware. It was a joint effort though packed wrong by zone (can’t find good help) and the boxes getting destroyed by the shipper (they don’t care it’s not theirs)

OP
OP
A

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Out of the last 5 kits 3 had misc. missing parts/hardware. It was a joint effort though packed wrong by zone (can’t find good help) and the boxes getting destroyed by the shipper (they don’t care it’s not theirs)
3 out of 5 is significant. All of my boxes looked in decent shape so here is hoping all of the hardware is still there.

REDNECK28871

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 CLASSIC 5.7
Engine
600 lb's in the back of a half ton trruk what is wrong with you ?! why did you buy a truck to beging with?