Body Lift height options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
my memory is crap. I don't remember if I pulled anything off the truck, or if I just added in the new blocks.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
O

K I just called zone and I guess the two rear factory Blocks are bigger than the fronts so you have to make sure the rears go back in the same spot. Makes Sense I guess.

i checked all my blocks were same size only thing that was bigger on rear cab mount is the washers

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my memory is crap. I don't remember if I pulled anything off the truck, or if I just added in the new blocks.

all i did is add the blocks also there are no "factory blocks" just rubber bushings that the blocks sit on top of.
he says he called them and they said factory blocks again that doesnt make any sense... every block in the kit is 1.5"

on the rear cab mount the washer that you need to pound off the factory bolt is bigger then the rest of the washers that is the only thing bigger

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
all i did is add the blocks also there are no "factory blocks" just rubber bushings that the blocks sit on top of.
he says he called them and they said factory blocks again that doesnt make any sense... every block in the kit is 1.5"

on the rear cab mount the washer that you need to pound off the factory bolt is bigger then the rest of the washers that is the only thing bigger

OK cool so That is the only washer I need to pound off? Gonna do this weekend.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK cool so That is the only washer I need to pound off? Gonna do this weekend.

no on all the cab mounts you take the factory washers off the factory bolts and re-use them on the bolts from the kit.

i just did my zone lift friday. i did the cab myself in like 2.5 hrs then saturday 2 hrs to do the bed.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I

think the guy I was talking to was clue less

do yourself a favor if you want better instructions download the performance accessories 3" body lift instructions off their site...

but honestly the zone instructions are fine for the taking off of all the front end parts etc and relocating the bumpers is super easy just buy a 1/2" step drill if you dont have one.

While I was under there I also took advantage and sprayed under coating.

And blacked out the tail pipe tips

IMG_20190614_172253.jpg IMG_20190615_145757.jpg IMG_20190615_145749.jpg

Last edited:

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do yourself a favor if you want better instructions download the performance accessories 3" body lift instructions off their site...

but honestly the zone instructions are fine for the taking off of all the front end parts etc and relocating the bumpers is super easy just buy a 1/2" step drill if you dont have one.

While I was under there I also took advantage and sprayed under coating.

And blacked out the tail pipe tips

View attachment 170218 View attachment 170219 View attachment 170220

Is there only 4 mounts on the bed? Ihave the 6' bed and thats all i can see

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there only 4 mounts on the bed? Ihave the 6' bed and thats all i can see

3 on each side two behind wheel well and one in front of it. i think the one you cannot see is hidden by bumper probably

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
3 on each side two behind wheel well and one in front of it. i think the one you cannot see is hidden by bumper probably

the hidden ones are in the frame rail just in front of the resonators, IIRC. Just get a flashlight and look for a hole on the frame rail towards the back.

a step drill bit... dang that would have been so much easier than hassling with a single bit at a time. That's what took us the longest was trying to penetrate the damn bumper mounts.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the hidden ones are in the frame rail just in front of the resonators, IIRC. Just get a flashlight and look for a hole on the frame rail towards the back.

a step drill bit... dang that would have been so much easier than hassling with a single bit at a time. That's what took us the longest was trying to penetrate the damn bumper mounts.

Lol step drill 3 seconds lmao

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Can I tag along here ? I always wonder about body lifts. What exactly is affected ? Bumpers ? What else ? My dad Jeep has a body lift and some of the interior is out of Wack. Like the shift boot now sits weird.

I don’t have standard but still. Will be side steps look weird? I always wonder about BL’s because I Really don’t wanna mess with any geometry while I have warranty and this could work. I just don’t want more of a headache with all the other crap you hear about with body lifts like rad out of place etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can I tag along here ? I always wonder about body lifts. What exactly is affected ? Bumpers ? What else ? My dad Jeep has a body lift and some of the interior is out of Wack. Like the shift boot now sits weird.

I don’t have standard but still. Will be side steps look weird? I always wonder about BL’s because I Really don’t wanna mess with any geometry while I have warranty and this could work. I just don’t want more of a headache with all the other crap you hear about with body lifts like rad out of place etc.

From what I understand the 4th Gen Ram does really well with a body lift and doesn’t have issues with things being misaligned. Obviously everything under the hood will sit lower compared to the body panels but anyone running one on our trucks seems to report no issues.

I don’t have one but have seriously considered getting one to get some more height without messing with the suspension. I already have a 6” lift and most say our ifs front ends shouldn’t be raised more than 6–7” before the geometry is off and wears things out.

So a body lift seems like my safest bet if I want more lift but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
From what I understand the 4th Gen Ram does really well with a body lift and doesn’t have issues with things being misaligned. Obviously everything under the hood will sit lower compared to the body panels but anyone running one on our trucks seems to report no issues.

I don’t have one but have seriously considered getting one to get some more height without messing with the suspension. I already have a 6” lift and most say our ifs front ends shouldn’t be raised more than 6–7” before the geometry is off and wears things out.

So a body lift seems like my safest bet if I want more lift but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Thanks! I would like to do a 2”. I wanna stay close to stock. Subtle difference. It looks way too low IMO. Looks like a a car [emoji1787]. My 2016 SLT seemed to sit higher [emoji2369]

I’ll look into them more. I really don’t want to mess with suspension. It’ll have the same look right ?

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks! I would like to do a 2”. I wanna stay close to stock. Subtle difference. It looks way too low IMO. Looks like a a car [emoji1787]. My 2016 SLT seemed to sit higher [emoji2369]

I’ll look into them more. I really don’t want to mess with suspension. It’ll have the same look right ?

A body lift with still have rake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d say if you want a nice overall appearance adjustment:

Get a leveling kit (bilstein 5100s?) in the 1.4” range to remove some of the rake.

Then add a 3” body lift.

You’d have a real nice look equivalent to a 4” lift but with minimal suspension change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963