Bolt on muffler for factory single exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe a dumb question, but everything I see is for factory dual exhaust or for a cat back system.
I'd love just a bolt on muffler for my single exhaust, just to liven up the sound.
Any suggestions where to start looking? Many thanks!

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can have just about anything welded in and remove that boat anchor OEM muffler and Resonator.

Depending how loud you want it you can leave the stock resonator too.

Mine is gone and I had the shop bend me a new tailpipe and tuck it up so you can't see it.

If I remember correctly my muffler is a 18" Flo-Pro Max (MagnaFlow clone more or less).

Next time I will go with the 22" as mine is a little loud when it is cold.

It probably would have been fine with the stock resonator but I really wanted it tucked up and hidden.

full

full

Last edited:

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a few options out there - well, you could just get a take-off stock dual exhaust if you wanted that which might end up being the cheapest assuming you can find a seller who's not overly proud of his junk.

There's this exhaust from magnaflow - this one from dynomax - this one from gibson - this other one from gibson...

I don't know anything about any of those because I'm completely happy with my stock side exit exhaust.

Another option would be to just pick any muffler you want and have a shop weld it in place of the stock one.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe a dumb question, but everything I see is for factory dual exhaust or for a cat back system.
I'd love just a bolt on muffler for my single exhaust, just to liven up the sound.
Any suggestions where to start looking? Many thanks!

What exactly are you wanting to do with your exhaust? Granted, you’d have a problem if you just bought one of the single inlet, dual outlet factory replacement aftermarket mufflers that’s made for the trucks with the factory dual cat back exhaust because you’d have to have your muffler shop make you some custom tail pipes but if you didn’t want tail pipes, you could just get the same aftermarket muffler and then just clamp you on some turn down pipes right there on the backside of the new muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BadHemi2014

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys for the replies.
Just looking for better sound, for now.
I'm hoping to just bolt on a muffler so I can do it myself, plus easy to change if I don't like it.

I dream of LTs and custom dual exhaust but that will be in the future.