Bolt ons??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy676

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What are some good mods for my 5.7 , So far i have magnaflow exhaust, CAI, & Cortex sc coming in today. Im looking at a MOES ported TB , 180 tstat, 4.56s, All kinds of things, Just want a list of some good inexpensive bolt on mods. Im 17 and saving money up for these part lol so , It will take me a while to get it all i just kind of want a parts checklist to go by. :roflsquared:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Start with the gears and a tq converter. Those are going to show the best gains for your dollar.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Actually, I would say start with the t-stat. You can get one from your local autoparts store, grab a gallon of antifreeze and only spend like $30. Takes about 20 minutes to swap out.

If you have AutoZone around you, get the Duralast 4128 thermostat. $14 after tax. Re-use the rubber gasket off the old t-stat and you are good to go.

After that, then I would look at doing the gears and torque converter. Those are my next steps at least. Probably gears and new LSD first and then the tq converter.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The t-stat will be the only cheap mod. Torque Converters about $600 if you do the install.
Gears +- $1200 this is not something your average gear head can do. I'd look into headers as well. Pacesetter has a great set that is reasonably priced.