Bought a donor truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
So meet the organ donor for my beautiful truck. She's an 03 ram 1500 with a hemi. And I plan on putting that bad boy in my truck to get rid of this little 8 cylinder lolScreenshot_20180522-230343.png

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Man if you were closer I’d be tempted to buy the truck after you removed the drivetrain. Good luck in the project! Are you rebuilding the engine or just swapping it right in?

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
If I wasn't broke, I'd be willing to buy those door panels if they have the power window and lock switches. Seems I can't find any panels with the switches for a regular cab and I hate the look of aftermarket switches

Anyways, it seems like a good project! Can't wait to see how it goes

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Sounds like a great project! I did that back in my high school days. My first truck was a Jeep J2000 4x4... Was an old grove caretaking truck that was more rust than body. The mains in the 258 straight 6 were rattling so bad it was actually funny. 10 pounds of oil pressure max! A friend of my father's who owned the grove service gave it to me just to get it out of their barn. I drove it for a few months and then bought another Jeep J2000 from a wrecking yard... That one had a V8... A couple months of riding my bike to/from school and I merged the two Jeeps! Was a lot of fun for a 15 year old kid with a Craftsman tool kit!

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Man if you were closer I’d be tempted to buy the truck after you removed the drivetrain. Good luck in the project! Are you rebuilding the engine or just swapping it right in?

I Bleed Ram Trucks
I'm gonna rebuild it first, and hopefully set it up as a 392 stroker, and I'm currently changing my gears to 4.56s right now. So it'll be fun to drive my qc around after all that. My uncle is trying to convince me to turn into a track truck though lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Shame to break up a rcsb, but it's your truck now,
I'm actually gonna swap my 4.7 into it and fix the gears to give my little brother as his first truck. Might even look for a hemi for him in the future lol

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Same here, after I pick up another vehicle for my daily work commuter, I’ll make mine I to more of a weekend vehicle. This 10mpg is killing me if I have to travel for work.

I Bleed Ram Trucks

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Same here, after I pick up another vehicle for my daily work commuter, I’ll make mine I to more of a weekend vehicle. This 10mpg is killing me if I have to travel for work.

I Bleed Ram Trucks
I'm getting about 10mpg in my 4.7 right now. And I drive to school/work everyday if the week and spend about 30miles round trip every day so I'm used to it by now. I don't know what good gas mileage looks like lol

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8

I Bleed Ram Trucks

I’m getting 10.8 I feel your pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I'm getting about 10mpg in my 4.7 right now. And I drive to school/work everyday if the week and spend about 30miles round trip every day so I'm used to it by now. I don't know what good gas mileage looks like lol

Same here in my 4.7 plus all my extras don’t help with the miles but idc I wouldn’t trade it for the world lol

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Same here in my 4.7 plus all my extras don’t help with the miles but idc I wouldn’t trade it for the world lol

Yeah I love my 4.7 and it's always been good to me but I'm ready for that hemi power and in my head if I'm gonna get the same gas mileage that chrisp is getting in his 392 stroker, then I need more power or I'm losing lol. I plan on putting my engine into the donor truck and give it to my brother so hopefully it treat him well too

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So instead of taking the easy route (getting a harness made to adapt to your truck) and finding an engine, you're gonna swap engines and harnesses, etc between the two and attempt to come out with two running trucks? Then maybe swap a hemi BACK into the donor truck later on? LOL this should be good.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any update on this?

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Any update on this?
Well I kind of changed the plans of the truck a little. Eventually a hemi will replace my 4.7 but not right now. I need to get to work and school and ect. But for the red single cab. I rebuilt the front suspension, rear suspension and rebuilt the differential with 4.46 gears. Put a new windshield on cause the original was ****** up, pulled the dash, seats and carpet out to vacuum all the dirt and replace the evaporator core so there is AC now! Ran 16guage speaker wire to all the speakers so I can put an amp and a 12" sub in later on there is a radio in there now as well. Bought new panels to replace the broken ones, and to replace all that red ********. Got a dash mat and some rims off of a 2016 lonestar and wrapped them in 305/50 nittos.

I just need to restore the headlights, fix drivers seat and find a seat belt wire harness to get rid of the no seat belt light and fix this major dent on the passenger side. Oh and a Bedliner 20180710_193641.jpg 20180803_183239.jpg

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Eventually maybe get it to look similar to this but with my own spin on it. I like how the mirrors are body colored
IMG_26621.jpg