Bought a new daily driver....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes I still have my Ram lol... definitely not going anywhere anytime soon.

But I desperately needed a new daily driver. My Ram is a Reg Cab and i have a center floor console so it’s a 2 seater so I had a daily driver, a 2012 Chevy Malibu, that was starting to really fall apart.

So I stopped by CarMax and ended up leaving with a 2016 Honda Civic Touring Edition, with every single factory option available in 2016. Every Single Option, even the rear seats are heated [emoji16]

Info:
2016 Honda Civic
Touring Edition
34k miles
1 Owner
$14,995 ($3,300 below national average for this year/miles/features)
Factory “Jewel Style” LED Headlights (with the 5 led projectors)
Cream colored leather with black center stripe
Front + Rear Heated Seats
Sunroof
Remote Start
Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
Tons of safety stuff like lane assist, cameras for turn signals that show side view when turn signal is on, collision prevention auto braking, etc.
A long list of cool features.

And now the pictures:

69f65eb7944a2a679ac26a619ff7a4ab.jpg
487c940e1d4a96ded7498040025af9c6.jpg
907d126bc67209b4c4977f599e211dcf.jpg
138562fb7d789b380a3ebef400b87b15.jpg

And one of the best things on this car: the Touring edition 5 projector led headlights with switchback turn signals. These things are better then my quad D2S HID retrofit on my Ram. These headlights are some serious lighting. I was shocked.

4e101ca2a0fb4eedd0b62f65c5e7a172.jpg
15e0f2cd4bc3970fc9612d0d23e9f100.jpg

So now I can have a safe daily driver, while my Ram takes some naps and gets a break. My old daily driver was falling apart so badly that my Ram became my daily driver and my daily driver became a once and awhile car lmao. Defeated the purpose of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Yes I still have my Ram lol... definitely not going anywhere anytime soon.

But I desperately needed a new daily driver. My Ram is a Reg Cab and i have a center floor console so it’s a 2 seater so I had a daily driver, a 2012 Chevy Malibu, that was starting to really fall apart.

So I stopped by CarMax and ended up leaving with a 2016 Honda Civic Touring Edition, with every single factory option available in 2016. Every Single Option, even the rear seats are heated [emoji16]

Info:
2016 Honda Civic
Touring Edition
34k miles
1 Owner
$14,995 ($3,300 below national average for this year/miles/features)
Factory “Jewel Style” LED Headlights (with the 5 led projectors)
Cream colored leather with black center stripe
Front + Rear Heated Seats
Sunroof
Remote Start
Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
Tons of safety stuff like lane assist, cameras for turn signals that show side view when turn signal is on, collision prevention auto braking, etc.
A long list of cool features.

And now the pictures:

69f65eb7944a2a679ac26a619ff7a4ab.jpg
487c940e1d4a96ded7498040025af9c6.jpg
907d126bc67209b4c4977f599e211dcf.jpg
138562fb7d789b380a3ebef400b87b15.jpg

And one of the best things on this car: the Touring edition 5 projector led headlights with switchback turn signals. These things are better then my quad D2S HID retrofit on my Ram. These headlights are some serious lighting. I was shocked.

4e101ca2a0fb4eedd0b62f65c5e7a172.jpg
15e0f2cd4bc3970fc9612d0d23e9f100.jpg

So now I can have a safe daily driver, while my Ram takes some naps and gets a break. My old daily driver was falling apart so badly that my Ram became my daily driver and my daily driver became a once and awhile car lmao. Defeated the purpose of it.

I’m not much of a Honda fan but nice car. I didn’t know CarMax sold cars like that with a bow on them.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’m not much of a Honda fan but nice car. I didn’t know CarMax sold cars like that with a bow on them.

Thanks... yea I was surprised there was a bow on it too lmao but apparently they do it for every car, there was 3 other cars in the delivery bay and all of them had bows on them. Sales women said they do it for every car.

I mean I’ve owned a few 90’s Honda’s back in the early 2000’s, I had a couple Integra GS-R’s and an Integra Type R, I had a couple Civics, and a Del Sol Si. So I’m familiar with Honda’s, but not anything newer then a 2000. But it is a killer daily driver and my gf has had one for a year now so I know how they drive and how she gets 35mpg average every day. So between the mpg, the luxury features this one has, the killer lighting at night, remote start, really nice leather seats, and the unlimited customizable options if I want too, this was a good choice for a daily driver.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had a lot of Vehicles from Carmax and all have had the bow on. My RAM was one of them.

Congrats on the new addition.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's a great vehicle. I've owned 2 Civics and a Prelude and my daughters 2nd car is a Civic that she loves. Decent gas mileage too.

The Prelude was pretty zippy with a 5 speed manual and dual carbs.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Before my first Ram I had an 83 Accord, an 89 Prelude, and a 91 Integra...all had over 200,000 miles and all but the Prelude were still running great when I sold them...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice DD. I learned my lesson 30 years ago & have had a DD ever since. Parts/tires cheaper, MPG, & more parking spots available. Civic is the car of choice for my brother & his wife. Nick

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Congrats, is it as clean as it looks in the pics?

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thanks... yea I was surprised there was a bow on it too lmao but apparently they do it for every car, there was 3 other cars in the delivery bay and all of them had bows on them. Sales women said they do it for every car.

I mean I’ve owned a few 90’s Honda’s back in the early 2000’s, I had a couple Integra GS-R’s and an Integra Type R, I had a couple Civics, and a Del Sol Si. So I’m familiar with Honda’s, but not anything newer then a 2000. But it is a killer daily driver and my gf has had one for a year now so I know how they drive and how she gets 35mpg average every day. So between the mpg, the luxury features this one has, the killer lighting at night, remote start, really nice leather seats, and the unlimited customizable options if I want too, this was a good choice for a daily driver.

That’s really cool! I hope she’s happy in it, as it seems to be a amazing car and not to mention it looks really nice too. These modern Accords and Civics have an amazing look to them, don’t know what it is about them.

Believe it or not, i’ve only driven Chrysler through my life. First car was my current truck, and then i got a second daily driver was a 2016 300.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's a great vehicle. I've owned 2 Civics and a Prelude and my daughters 2nd car is a Civic that she loves. Decent gas mileage too.

The Prelude was pretty zippy with a 5 speed manual and dual carbs.

Dual Carbs? As far as I know, all Preludes dating back to the first generation in the 80’s were all EFI, no carbs.

Congrats, is it as clean as it looks in the pics?

Yes it is. The interior is spotless. One negative thing against CarMax is that they suck at detailing, the car was “cleaned” but me being a detailed for 12 years of my life, there is so much wrong with the car detail wise that I guess I wouldn’t notice if I wasn’t so knowledgeable in detailing so I am going to clean it myself today and get some better pictures of everything.

But yes its that clean. Only marks on the outside is one small scratch on the rear bumper that I can get out with a buffer and then 1 small mark on the side of the front bumper passenger side that probably won’t come out but it’s smaller then a penny and not too bad at all. The rear of the car is literally spotless.

That’s really cool! I hope she’s happy in it, as it seems to be a amazing car and not to mention it looks really nice too. These modern Accords and Civics have an amazing look to them, don’t know what it is about them.

Believe it or not, i’ve only driven Chrysler through my life. First car was my current truck, and then i got a second daily driver was a 2016 300.

I’m confused lol who is “she”? Maybe you saw me mention my gf in my post but this car is mine, I mentioned my gf because she has a similar top model 2019 Civic with almost every feature for about a year now.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dual Carbs? As far as I know, all Preludes dating back to the first generation in the 80’s were all EFI, no carbs.

I had an 84 ES1, which had duals off the sides. The EK's were the EFI's.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Congrats @OnSale that should last you a good 600,000 miles easy

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

Yes it is. The interior is spotless. One negative thing against CarMax is that they suck at detailing, the car was “cleaned” but me being a detailed for 12 years of my life, there is so much wrong with the car detail wise that I guess I wouldn’t notice if I wasn’t so knowledgeable in detailing so I am going to clean it myself today and get some better pictures of everything.

But yes its that clean. Only marks on the outside is one small scratch on the rear bumper that I can get out with a buffer and then 1 small mark on the side of the front bumper passenger side that probably won’t come out but it’s smaller then a penny and not too bad at all. The rear of the car is literally spotless.

I’m confused lol who is “she”? Maybe you saw me mention my gf in my post but this car is mine, I mentioned my gf because she has a similar top model 2019 Civic with almost every feature for about a year now.

CRINGING SO HARD AT MY OWN COMMENT OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had an 84 ES1, which had duals off the sides. The EK's were the EFI's.

Oh wow, cool to know. I did not know they made Preludes with carbs. Fun fact.

Congrats @OnSale that should last you a good 600,000 miles easy

Lol I dunno about 600k but it will definitely last until 220k-280k if I don’t beat the crap out of it lol. I definitely want to get an intake and a bov for the turbo... so I can get some nice boost sounds lol. I don’t wanna mod the engine too much cause I’d rather it be reliable and keep my warranty.

CRINGING SO HARD AT MY OWN COMMENT OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME

Lol it’s cool. We all mix stuff up once and awhile.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@OnSale thats practically mandatory on anything equipped with a turbo. I just scored a Chevy cobalt up in your neck of the woods 2006 60,000 miles $1900 for my 16 year old