Bought a Ram after 5 F-150’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dknain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my first Ram last Friday after only driving Fords up to now. Really like the new look and, after driving and pricing one up, decided to pull the trigger. Got this 2020 for substantially less than my similarly equipped 2017 F-150. That and the fact that I spun a rod bearing in my last truck made it easier to switch. The Hemi is awesome! Great to drive something with an exhaust note after 3 Ecoboosts. Installed the accessories this weekend. So far, so good!
36d4add5275679f2bdd023a704965e0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Beautiful truck, congrats and welcome.

OP
OP
D

dknain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome, I'm a F-150 convert as well. Ford has priced themselves into the stratosphere.

No doubt! I lease so total of payments plus residual equals what your purchase price is if you buy it at the end of the lease. My 2020 Ram is $5,900 less than my similarly equipped 2017 Lariat! Doesn’t even make sense....

OP
OP
D

dknain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You've got mighty good taste---I own the exact same truck but 1 year older....

Funny story...I signed the paperwork and made the down payment on a 2019 almost identical to this one on Friday 11/15. The truck wasn’t on the lot at my dealer because they had no 19’s optioned like I wanted so it was coming from a dealer 60 miles away. I had to sign the paperwork so they could “lock down” the truck. It was supposed to be in Wednesday the 20th, get the bed sprayed and trailer brake controller installed and I would pick up Thursday when I got from a work trip. Texted salesperson Tuesday asking for update, says she’s not working but all should be on schedule. Text again Wednesday and get a “please call me” text back. You guessed it, the other dealer sold the truck cuz my dealer didn’t follow through. Went round and round with them the rest of the day and end up getting this 2020 for the same price as the 2019. Still dealing with the “unwinding” of the 2019 deal but I came out way better at the end of the day. That said, this has been one of the biggest clusterf*ck’s I’ve ever been a part of.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty truck, welcome.
The color is what I will be getting on my next Ram.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcoe to the Ramily!!
Great color, enjoy the truck after the clusterf@#k you had!!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my first Ram last Friday after only driving Fords up to now. Really like the new look and, after driving and pricing one up, decided to pull the trigger. Got this 2020 for substantially less than my similarly equipped 2017 F-150. That and the fact that I spun a rod bearing in my last truck made it easier to switch. The Hemi is awesome! Great to drive something with an exhaust note after 3 Ecoboosts. Installed the accessories this weekend. So far, so good!
36d4add5275679f2bdd023a704965e0b.jpg

Nice truck man, and glad to have you aboard.

But I’m just curious- is it true that those Ego-Boosts really aren’t all that much better than a v8 with no hair-dryers blowin’ a bunch of hot air into a dinky little V6? I was always under the impression that it was basically Eco OR boost; not both at the same time. In other words, as long as you weren’t spooling those turbos up too much that fairly good mileage was achievable, but went out the door once you really started blowing the coal to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome, I'm a F-150 convert as well. Ford has priced themselves into the stratosphere.

Well ya know, that bailout that they said they didn’t need- they still got quite a bit of that 6-bil they loaned from ole Obummer; that nobody likes to talk about- a year or two after GM and Chrysler weren’t afraid to say they needed help to save jobs.

They still have til 2022 to get that loan paid back and with the 2 or three million-dollar lawsuit they may be facing for lying about fuel economy data don’t help. Lol.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
WELCOME to the group and CONGRATULATIONS on your new truck ! My Last truck was a F150 Lariat 2x2 with the 302 ! A great truck. After several years w/o a truck I was looking again at the F150. Looked at the RAMs and test ride and price sold me ! Still happy after 4 year :)

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny story...I signed the paperwork and made the down payment on a 2019 almost identical to this one on Friday 11/15. The truck wasn’t on the lot at my dealer because they had no 19’s optioned like I wanted so it was coming from a dealer 60 miles away. I had to sign the paperwork so they could “lock down” the truck. It was supposed to be in Wednesday the 20th, get the bed sprayed and trailer brake controller installed and I would pick up Thursday when I got from a work trip. Texted salesperson Tuesday asking for update, says she’s not working but all should be on schedule. Text again Wednesday and get a “please call me” text back. You guessed it, the other dealer sold the truck cuz my dealer didn’t follow through. Went round and round with them the rest of the day and end up getting this 2020 for the same price as the 2019. Still dealing with the “unwinding” of the 2019 deal but I came out way better at the end of the day. That said, this has been one of the biggest clusterf*ck’s I’ve ever been a part of.

I’m sure glad I didn’t have to go through that when I bought my brand new 2018 almost 2 years ago because my truck didn’t come from the dealership that I bought it from, either. As a matter of fact, my truck came from a dealer that was over two hours away.

I was really looking forward to just ordering one and getting it exactly like I wanted it but since because of the dawn of that new fifth GEN body style, Chrysler wasn’t taking any more orders on the higher-ended trims of trucks-mine’s a Limited- so it was pretty much down to whatever was already built that I had to choose from.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Group,I also owner 5 previous Fords, no real problems with the Ecoboost, mine was Trans problems with the 10 speed, cold shift issues, miss shifting,4 PCM reflashes, got sick and tired of the same crap and denying and problems, they were going to replace my trans valve body, too many horror stories on that, and thats what brought me to FCA and I didn't look back, very happy with my 2019 Laramie

OP
OP
D

dknain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck man, and glad to have you aboard.

But I’m just curious- is it true that those Ego-Boosts really aren’t all that much better than a v8 with no hair-dryers blowin’ a bunch of hot air into a dinky little V6? I was always under the impression that it was basically Eco OR boost; not both at the same time. In other words, as long as you weren’t spooling those turbos up too much that fairly good mileage was achievable, but went out the door once you really started blowing the coal to it.

Thanks, happy to be here.

I had 2 of the 3.5’s and a 2.7 Ecoboost. I always said they were more boost than eco. The power and responsiveness of the motors is excellent but, when you are in the boost, your gas mileage drops substantially. Lifetime mileage on the 3 trucks was 15.2, 14.8, and 16.8 according to the trip B on each truck which I never reset. I tow a 3 place sled trailer and a 25’ tri-toon which definitely affects the overall. My 2.7 would get 7.5 pulling the boat. Expect the ram to do substantially better towing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye