Bought my first 6.7L 4500. Work truck discussions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
It’s exciting for me, I’ll be putting a 16ft box on it. I’ll post some pictures once it’s all built, and show you the custom box with side door and stairs to box.

I’ll post some fuel mileage numbers and weights I’m pulling, speed etc.

Issues, likes, dislikes. Things that brake, wear out early, or last long etc..

I’ll have my truck in 2 months. It’s a 2021. Look forward to chatting with you guys.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Ltngdrvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It’s exciting for me, I’ll be putting a 16ft box on it. I’ll post some pictures once it’s all built, and show you the custom box with side door and stairs to box.

I’ll post some fuel mileage numbers and weights I’m pulling, speed etc.

Issues, likes, dislikes. Things that brake, wear out early, or last long etc..

I’ll have my truck in 2 months. It’s a 2021. Look forward to chatting with you guys.
Well, the brakes and the exhaust brake should be the only things that "brake" on it...:p:Big Laugh:

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
I’m going to take a brake from all this break talk!

Grammar how have you betrayed me so.

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Does any one have experience with using a oil bypass filter? I do a lot of mileage per year 45k M or 80k KMs.

Info online states Having a bypass filtration system installed increases the overall sump size of the engine, helping dilute the concentration of metals in the oil. Oil does not wear out. Its usefulness is limited only by contamination. Bypass filtration removes or dilutes many of those contaminants.

would love feedback or link to where this conversation is ongoing.

Secondly automatic greasing system for any available Nipples on truck, I have an appointment to have this system installed. I’ve heard front ends can be an issue on the heavy duty 6.7L and thought this system could really help as far as ball joints leaf springs etc go.

OP
OP
B Mitty

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Seems from a number of reports that Ram has opted for Bosch’s tried and true cp3, over the cp4 that was in 2019, and 2020 models.

I went down the rabbit hole of cp4 failures and I had no idea about any such thing when I was ordering my truck.

I think it would be rams best option to work out a recall with Bosch and get these 19,20 years changed with the cp3.

once again I could be talking out my ass here I’m just learning of this entire saga. But I will tell you this. I’m very happy finding out by luck, I purchased a 21 with cp3.

any one have actual real experience with a cp4 failure? On a 2019,2020?