Bouncing/Vibration at 45mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A rare possibility, but still possible, is a tire imbalance from the factory. Sometimes, rotating the tire 180* on the rim, from where it's positioned now, could cure a shake. Does that make sense?
Example: If The "GOOD" in Goodyear is near the valve, dismount the tire, and have "GOOD" on the opposite side of the valve.
Again, it's rare, but sometimes true. If it is the case, it would be the cheapest fix you'll ever have.

OP
OP
rrb6699

rrb6699

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 / 318
good point. but, this is a new set of tires doin the same thing as the old set.

Reactions: Mop

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Have you checked your ujoints? Rear driveshaft is rather simple to remove/reinstall. Often the u joints in the driveshaft can feel as a vibration up front

Reactions: Mop
OP
OP
rrb6699

rrb6699

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 / 318
not sure how to check them other than if there's play. when I shift back n forth from drive to reverse and into reverse from park several times there's no clunk sound leads me to believe they are ok still.

what about spindles. I replaced front right rotor and bearings (still want to do left side) but could the spindles wear and cause vibration?

OP
OP
rrb6699

rrb6699

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 / 318
I appears my alignment is off. I'm getting pull to the right. just enough. it was happening causing wear on the outside of the frt passenger side tire.

to me, it should be pulling left if it's wearing there. I'll have to get a jack and lift the front to see what's up.

anything to look for appreciated

rr