Bragging about MPG - in a POWERWAGON?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
And that's for 85 octane regular.

Towed a 14 x 6 x 6 loaded utility trailer to Virginia this week with the Power Wagon due to my family's vehicle during their move from Wyoming blew out an engine rear main seal while towing it into Nebraska. The Power Wagon couldn't feel it back there and averaged 13.0 MPG while towing it a 77 MPH. I had just replaced the original factory Bosch spark plugs the night before with NGK at 95K miles.

This morning in Kentucky...
Nothing like buying 16 plugs at 7 a pop!

Whiskey13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 19 Power Wagon with Mickey Thompson 35 MTs does not get 16 MPG, I don't really worry about MPG but Big Red likes to be fed. I surely did not buy it expecting good fuel economy but it delivers as expected in all other areas. 2nd one I have had and plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Given the unbelievable weight of all that fuel I’d say your losing mpg having to cart it around. At $5.75 a gam diesel that’s expensive hauling. Very happy with 32 gal tank and 125.00-150.00 fillips every 300 miles (I fill up at 1/4 tank). Also with fuel costs all over the map (state to state) It makes a certain amount of financial sense to only fill up with 32 gallons. I could be wrong and I’m open to suggestion let me know your feelings
Gas weighs just a little over 6 pounds per gallon. 50 gallons vs. 32 gallons is just 108+- pounds difference. I gladly haul that for the additional range I get per tank.

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
And what makes yours a man's truck?
I was in OKC a few months ago behind a PW. The entire back window had a decal that read: POWERWAGON, LIKE A JEEP, BUT FOR MEN. I chuckled, and honked the big horn as I passed him in my Freightliner when the light turned green. I hope I didn't frazzle his tender alpha male feelings too much.
Also, REAL MEN don't need to go around claiming "this is a real man's" anything.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
19.2 combined on my 2021 1500
Continue to get a chuckle out of this thread. It's a POWER WAGON specific forum, the original post is talking about the MPG of a POWER WAGON, and there were several posts bringing up the point that people were posting replies about non-POWER WAGON models....yet people still continue to make posts like this. Just proves that not only do people not pay attention to what sub-forum they are in, they also don't bother reading any of the previous posts......

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Continue to get a chuckle out of this thread. It's a POWER WAGON specific forum, the original post is talking about the MPG of a POWER WAGON, and there were several posts bringing up the point that people were posting replies about non-POWER WAGON models....yet people still continue to make posts like this. Just proves that not only do people not pay attention to what sub-forum they are in, they also don't bother reading any of the previous posts......
that would be too much to ask...reading.....what's that all about?

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Read it and weep boys, I think this 2019 kia forte takes the crown at 5.0 l/100km = 47 mpg. More weight, more safety, more tech, more epa restrictions than an old civic and still manages to thrash it with a lot better mpg. Looks better too. Gotta love them new fangled CVTs!

(oh sorry. Is this the power wagon thread???)

47 mpg.png

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
$8.39 from Rock Auto for my part # 96779 versus $19.97 at the local Napa x 16!
They have gone up since last year tremendously.
When I was in college I was driving a 66 mustang and I would change my plugs annually at $2. I’m getting old(I sound like my dad) haha

Grand Mesa

Reaction score

Last edited:

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It’s amazing the amount of people that get their feelings hurt just because it was pointed out that this is a power wagon forum. These are probably the same people that get frustrated when they can’t find the answers they are looking for when they have a specific problem. Want to know why? Because it has a bunch of other **** posted unrelated to the title.